Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone i am wondering if anyone has tried the Dunlop GPRa-11 on the track.I usually run a set of Dunlop GP racer slicks in soft 120 and medium 180 and i was thinking of trying out the GPRa-11.Are they a better tyre then the GP slicks?I do realise that slicks are very good but the ones i use arnt the full on race slicks as some racers have described them,but they are very good for track days i find.Any good information would be great.Wish you all a safe ride.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I'm not a big Dunlop fan for race tires, I tried the GP-a's once last year and went back to Pirelli's the next day,maybe because I am just used to using them for so many years. I love the Supercorsa, Dragon or Diablo, I use both. Depending on the temperature and where I am I usually either run a hard front, medium rear or medium front, soft rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone i am wondering if anyone has tried the Dunlop GPRa-11 on the track.I usually run a set of Dunlop GP racer slicks in soft 120 and medium 180 and i was thinking of trying out the GPRa-11.Are they a better tyre then the GP slicks?I do realise that slicks are very good but the ones i use arnt the full on race slicks as some racers have described them,but they are very good for track days i find.Any good information would be great.Wish you all a safe ride.

I just installed a set of the NEW AMA Spec Ntec 211GPA today. I'm heading to Willow Springs on Monday so I will know by days end. Several of the WSMC fast guys have told me that the new 2010 Spec GPA that they tested against the full 211 Ntec DOT race tire was only .3 of a second slower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.