Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Yes the starter is still hooked up just so shit does not fly into the the flywheel, but it is disengaded. You can see ut right under the flywheel on the «crankshaft» video.
Could you please explain what sprag clutch grab is? ?
Sorry matey , get used to calling them by that name , one way Starter Clutch

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I allready tried to start it with a drill, but the only thing I maneged to do is to loosen the flywheel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm totally out of ideas. I guess I'll just wait for the weekend and split the crankcase and switch out all the bearings/ seals and go over all the shims in the transmission in case something got loose or broke.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'll be glad to post updates along the way, but no this is the only forum I am a member of since I'm more of a Honda guy. I bought the little tzr just as a toy a while back from a dude who had siezed the engine for almost nothing. I then rebuilt it and loved it ever since.
I have been spending hours and hours the last few weeks on google and reading every forum I can find, but never found anything.
I found one dude who had the same issue on a yz85, but the thread was from 2011 and had died out without the issue being resolved.
That thread was the only thing even remotely similar to my situtation.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is weird as hell. I raced a Honda rs125 for years and ran across every problem you could have. My guess is it’s a tolerance problem when it’s put on load. Sorry that’s no help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes, It might be.
I remember that the countershaft bearing was a little "stiff" when I modified the thing.
I'm thinking perhaps it was getting in worse shape and I finally managed to kill it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I went to the stealership yesterday and ordered a complete bottom end set berings/seals, but the postage was 3 weeks minimum. Can't wait for this corona virus to blow over and for everything to return to normal.. :sick:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Unfortunatley it rotates fine. I do not know the name of the part, but I also replaced the little "lock" which locks the flywheel to the crank and that did not help either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I have finally managed to bring my little moped back to life! :D
After taking the motor out and splitting the cases I found out that the culprit was indeed the countershaft bearing, and since everything was already apart I swapped out all the bearings in the bottom end. The transmission was in good shape as well as all the shims.
The thing that threw me off was the timing of this issue as it refused to start after I swapped the crank seal (without splitting the cases).

Attachments

21 - 37 of 37 Posts