Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTF?

VIENNA, Austria - Several hundred tons of conventional explosives are missing from a former Iraqi military facility that once played a key role in Saddam Hussein’s efforts to build a nuclear bomb, the U.N. nuclear agency confirmed Monday.

International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei will report the materials’ disappearance to the U.N. Security Council later Monday, spokeswoman Melissa Fleming told The Associated Press......

.....Nearly 380 tons of powerful explosives that could be used to build large conventional bombs are missing from the former Al Qaqaa military installation, The New York Times reported Monday. The 380 tons is the U.S. equivalent of the figure of 350 metric tons mentioned by the Iraqis, the IAEA said.

The explosives included HMX and RDX, which can be used to demolish buildings but also produce warheads for missiles and detonate nuclear weaponry, the newspaper said. It said they disappeared after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq last year.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
no weapons of mass distruction just 350 metric tonnes of grenades :confused:

I believe the UN ummm never. These are the same people that where scamming during the oil for food program.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/26/iraq.explosives/index.html

Seems some NBC guys were with the 101st when they got there, the stuff was already gone.

So how is this all of a sudden the US's fault for lack of security. We didn't hold that area when it disappeared!

Good try UN, think of something better next time! :rant: :thumbd:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
"Our immediate concern is that if the explosives did fall into the wrong hands, they could be used to commit terrorist acts and some of the bombings that we've seen," the IAEA's Fleming said.
doh, they're not our hands. That makes them in the wrong hands. How can you move 300+tons of that stuff undetected?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
oldfogey said:
Mmm, released a week before the election, too.
Exactly. The report NOW is that it was gone before we got there. So what was ours to protect wasn't there for us to do so, yet it's being pinned on Bush. It reeks of political sabotage, but don't let that stop anyone from trying to blame Bush for it.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Of course it's political.... :rolleyes:

We've destroyed nearly 700 THOUSAND tons of weapons, and secured another 300 THOUSAND tons.....so you do the math.

This story was released purely for political effect... :p

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
U.N. agency says 350 metric tons of powerful explosives missing from Iraq

Debunked.... Next :evilaugh:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ER said:
Exactly. The report NOW is that it was gone before we got there. So what was ours to protect wasn't there for us to do so, yet it's being pinned on Bush. It reeks of political sabotage, but don't let that stop anyone from trying to blame Bush for it.
Now who would blame Bush for anything? Apparently he can do no wrong, even when he's done wrong. :idunno: Just because he lied to the entire world, no one trust him anymore. Why? Give him another chance people, it was only a freaking war, geez... :idunno:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I love the whole "Bush lied" crap that **bad word** spew.
Tell you what, state just one lie that Bush has told. You know, an actual lie. When one knows the full truth, yet states the opposite to intentionally mislead.
The exact things that kerry has been doing his whole life, and particularly the last few weeks at every one of his photo-ops and campaign speeches.

EDIT: Name removed. Trying to be better.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
SuperDave said:
Now who would blame Bush for anything? Apparently he can do no wrong, even when he's done wrong. :idunno: Just because he lied to the entire world, no one trust him anymore. Why? Give him another chance people, it was only a freaking war, geez... :idunno:
:nod: get debunked and blow smoke. Distraction: the ploy of an unsupportable position.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
SuperDave said:
Brutha, you have to remember that I'm not a Bush cheerleader. I could name a few Conservative candidates that I'd rather see in the Office than him. What I DO see though is a no-holds-barred campaign by Kerry with the full backing of the Liberal press. Man, it's beyond obvious and it's not even debatable anymore IMHO. Kerry will do or say anything to win and the press supports him overwhelmingly. So, explosives turn up missing and Kerry pins it on Bush. Later, NBC (not FoxNews) reports that it in fact they turned up missing before we had the chance to even let them get away. Nevertheless, it's still Bush's fault.

Kerry has NOTHING to sell so he has to do whatever he can to debunk Bush. He's not going to hold anything back. Hey, in fairness, Dole tried similar tactics to unseat Clinton in '96 and it failed miserably. Clinton had the support of a strong economy and popular ratings so Dole tried the name-and-blame game then too. The difference is that he didn't have a willing press behind him.

·
Registered
887 Posts
so now the media is biased as well? wow! :rotfl:

where can one go, then, to get un-biased truths? b/c obviously all of the media outlets are anti-Bush and want him outta there :shocked:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
figment said:
:nod: get debunked and blow smoke. Distraction: the ploy of an unsupportable position.
Damn....I hate it when you are right... :crap:
:rotfl:

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Kerry's willingness to use this issue as a political football LONG before the facts were known is just another reason why I will probably vote for Bush.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
QuikMike said:
so now the media is biased as well? wow! :rotfl:

where can one go, then, to get un-biased truths? b/c obviously all of the media outlets are anti-Bush and want him outta there :shocked:
Are you really serious?

EDIT: Enjoy. Read through the (opinion) articles completely and then see whether or not you agree. Lots of things are open to debate but the Liberal bias in our media isn't really one of them. ;)

Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell
Thomas Sowell
Larry Elder
Larry Elder
Larry Elder
Media Research

I could paste in opinions, websites, and hard-facts all day long. Read Sowell and Elder - they're good with citing facts - and then see what you think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts