Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bundled up this morning. Good thing too, it was all of 30 degrees outside when I left the house. Without further delay, the day in pics.

From the Lewis & Clark Monument overlooking the Missouri River Valley and downtown Omaha- check out the airliner which just departed Eppley Airport [Bacchus, you'll have to squint].

Yours truly, sporting full riding gear [you paying attention, LTL?]. Check out the new flushmounts.

I love this kind of stuff. A neat shot methinks - the ages old, rotting shed is going to dust, apparently soon to be part of its earthen environment. On the other hand, the CBR just screams at you.

Rob [Roadrunner954] arrived from Lincoln, NE and we toured the Loess Hills Scenic Byway. My trip odometer read over 200 miles when I pulled in the garage afterwards, not bad for an extended morning ride. Please note, I only let Rob pose his red/black model in front of the faster silver/black variant because I was feeling benevolent today.

Another shot a few miles farther up in the hill country.

All kidding aside, I truly regret that I don't live closer to other Fireblades.org members. Rob's the second guy I've actually met off this board and so far I'm battin' a thou - I guess there really is something to the old saw, 'You meet the nicest people on a Honda.'

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Great pics Stretcher....

If I make it out this fall it will knock your 1000 down a bit...but hey 2 out of 3 is still pretty good...

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Great pics Chain....the one with you kneeling next to your (faster sil/black) bike is cool as hell. I totally understand about letting the 'other' colors out in front, even if it is parked. Those pics make me miss riding in the Fall in NH, although a bit chilly, it makes for some great picture ops.

Dano

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kudos guys and gal.

I believe Roadrunner will be weighing in here with pics of his own sometime soon. The rat-fink caught me in the ditch with my pants down. No, not mounting a billy goat Baketech, a simple restroom break, lol.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Very nice pics, Chain. I like the new avatar, too. Good thing that was the '02 black & red model, and not the '03 red & black, otherwise your bike might look a little, shall we say, sluggish by comparison. I mean, just look at her:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Chain : Thanks for the kudos guys and gal.

I believe Roadrunner will be weighing in here with pics of his own sometime soon. The rat-fink caught me in the ditch with my pants down. No, not mounting a billy goat Baketech, a simple restroom break, lol.
Hey, can't you be charged with that?

Nice pics!!

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Chain : No, not mounting a billy goat Baketech,
Was it stuck in the fence?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
just ask him what the hell he was doing in this one!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
pants down? hell all I heard was 'hey Rob, lets go over here'

I'm thinking he wanted some man love or something, after about 5min I asked him what the hell he was doing and he said 'oh, your still over there,um....I was just taking a piss'

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Chain telling me Red and Black is #1

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
this guy takes his photo op's very serious!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
as was with most of the day, the redNblack was always up front!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It was great meeting you Chain, we need to do that again sometime. I think Bubba would be jealous of you, that squirrel took one look and knew you were a dead eye with that front tire!

I tell you what people this Chain guy is good folk! Here's what he did for me today.

1. bought me coffee
2. loaned me his diaper to try out
3. gave me batteries when my camera went dead
4. gave me earplugs to try out for the trip home (which made the ride more enjoyable)
5. gave into the redNblack bike being first all day
6. showed me some great riding and scenery

Chain, here's to you big dawg!

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Chain : From the Lewis & Clark Monument overlooking the Missouri River Valley and downtown Omaha- check out the airliner which just departed Eppley Airport [Bacchus, you'll have to squint].
Haha - missed this comment the first go 'round. Hey chain, . I saw the dang plane already!

As usual, very nice pics!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chain, got your email late. Otherwise I would have probably gone with. All be it a SV650S would have had a hell of a time keeping up with two blades. But then again, there were twisties in there. Maybe next time, nice pic's. Dennis

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
roadrunner954 : this guy takes his photo op's very serious!
Same with wearing his helmet

Sheesh, you'd think there's something in there worth protecting

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Chain, hopefully you will meet more board members at the Honda Hoot (next year)...;)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
whip- All I can say about that pic of your bike is, GOD DANG, you got a green lawn! I wish mine was half as nicely manicured.

soon2b954- Carnal knowledge of a non-domesticated farm animal is not a crime, okay? Get over it!

Baketech- See above.

Roadrunner- Next time we ride together, I'm taking your camera away from you. It's obvious you have secret monochromatic desires; you need to take more pics of the scenery and bikes rather than photographing your male riding partners.

sv650s (Dennis)- Would have been great to have you man, maybe next time?

2OHOHO-

Toronto- I'm still kicking myself for not being more assertive in hooking up with you in Knoxville in June. Trying to please five guys on a group ride vacation was more work than I would have previously imagined. I WILL get with ya next time though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts