Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spilled a little red wine on my keyboard - what do all of you computer geeks recommend I do?

This one's wide open, folks Give me your best shot!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Speaking from experience...go buy a new keyboard. all sorts of wierd sh1t will start happening...new keyboard...$10...wierd #### happening...PAIN IN THE ASS...press one key and another responds....etc, etc.

J

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With 3 cats 'upchucking' on our carpets is a 2-3 times per week occurrence. I would almost rather they did it on my keyboard, 'cause they are cheap. We have 2 rooms that are tiled, but do they choose that medium? Noooooooooo...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You might think about dogs...they'll eat your cats and only upchuck/shivt on the floor if you don't let them out...

J

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They're also very fond of eating cat 'chit'! I would rather scoop out a litter box than go around the yard with a platex glove and baggie. Don't get me wrong, dogs are great, just not my cup of tea. Hey, most folks are either a cat or dog person, although I realize many own both .

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have two golden retrievers and 'some exotic name' cat here full time and two black labs added part time...your argument has merit pardner.

J

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Throw the wine-o out before he upchucks on the keyboard.

Seriously. Every few months I spill or the keys get sticky from the Mt Dew habit I aquired. Take the keyboard. Disconnect it. Take it out back. Hose the mofo off. Then hose the keyboard off. Then since I live in Kali I leave it keys down leaning against the wall to dry. I have a feeling you need to hang it over the heater for a day or so. My keyboard gets hosed off bout 3 times a year. Dunno how many of you have a spare keyboard though.

I was reading about some guy in Asia who regularly took apart the company mainframe and the boards in dishsoap to get the residue from the diesel generator off. Let the stuff dry for a day(good hot day) and worked flawlessly everytime!

LOL wheres that postwhore miniman? Oh his keyboard got sticky and hasnt dried yet.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bacchus : I just spilled a little red wine on my keyboard - what do all of you computer geeks recommend I do?

This one's wide open, folks Give me your best shot!
Seltzer water....

Seriously, if you have a spare, hook it up, and put this one in the dishwasher. No soap or other dishes though. Send it through once, and let it dry for a couple of days, and she'll be good as new.
Fig

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
fumbducker : Speaking from experience...go buy a new keyboard.  all sorts of wierd sh1t will start happening...new keyboard...$10...wierd #### happening...PAIN IN THE ASS...press one key and another responds....etc, etc.

J
That is cause you need to put the keys back in the right spot!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts