Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Thieves should have a limb removed for each offence they're found guilty of.

• I disagree strongly - motorcycle theft is a mere symptom of societies' other ills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I disagree on humanitarian grounds.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I agree and would pay to watch.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Hanging's too good for the scally feckers - a curse and a pox on their houses.

Votes: 2 20.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1992 FIREBLADE, CHARCOAL, UK.

£2,500 or near (sensible) offer.

MOT'd until July 2010, Taxed until the end of August 2010.

When I decided I wanted one - this model and colour in particular, it took me 6 years to find. However, my patience paid off. I have thoroughly enjoyed this bike to its fullest.

The main reason I’m selling is that we’ve moved to Herefordshire – anyone who’s been here will know and tell you that there are maybe 3 roads in this county that this bike can be enjoyed on.

This bike's VIN shows (and V5 confirms) that it was in the first batch of Fireblades introduced to the UK in 1992 (First registered on 20th August), and therefore I believe deserves the label of 'classic'.

It is mostly original, the replacements being all the fluids, bearings, seals and gaskets when they've shown signs of wear. When I first bought it, I replaced the pillion seat with one from a Breaker's because the original had a tear across it.
The right hand side bar-end bits, some fairing and the pegs were replaced after a low-speed scrape in 2005.
In late 2008, someone tried to steal the bike without realising that it was ground-anchored. As a result the ignition barrel and key are new and the old keys are still needed for the fuel and the cargo-box locks.

There's only one upgrade and that's the horn - I've always felt that bike horns are a bit weedy, so this one's a bit more full-bodied.
It had a hugger for a while, but I've put the original chain-cover back on.
The original exhaust is the one in the photo; I took the black paint off, because I prefer the brushed steel look.
I still have the original horn and the hugger mentioned about and there's a Viper (track-only) exhaust included in the sale.

The toolkit is complete and standard and I even still have the rider's manual.
There are also 14 years' worth of MOT certificates along with the old-style V5 if you want it.

These photos were taken in the summer of 2009, in the week before the Bulldog Bash.

I've run it up the 1/4 mile strip at the Bulldog on a few occasions and I'll give you copies of the time-trial tickets if you want them. As far as I'm aware, these are the only occasions the bike has been run 'off-road'.

Additional rules:
The bike is 18 years old and has been ridden, not kept in cotton-wool, so please don't ask me to list every scratch or talk my lovely bike down so that you can argue with the price. I think the price is fair and matches the value of the bike, if you are going to make me a near offer, please make it near and don't take the piss.
If you're travelling some distance to come and see it, please don't think this will account for money off the asking price: I don't get a discount on my shopping from ASDA just because I live further away than you.
There's no warranty and I can't reasonably be expected to part with it before the cheque clears, I've counted and verified that any cash isn't funny-money etc.

Please eMail me if you’re interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't want to price myself out of the market, while at the same time not underselling a bike that's a genuinely good find.

So, at the risk of inviting an interested party to advise me how much this bike should cost - I'd be interested in other people's opinions about the price or maybe the advert itself...?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Take down your vin number are ya mad?
Why?
It's actually a requirement on many forums that you must include the VIN.
Including here, although I've never seen it enforced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feedback: Due to the open history of the bike and my little rant about potential buyers (seems obvious now...), coupled with some honest appraisals of the bike's likely value, the price is reduced. Guide price is now £2,000

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where abouts in Herefordshire are, I'm Close to Abergavenny just thinking about how to arrange to come and see it, have you re-mot'd/taxed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.