Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you think, those of you that live in UK, about UK government giving the OK for military to mount Surface to Air Missiles on the rooftops of residences?

·
Registered
303 Posts
There was talk of this happening in Australia during CHOGM a couple of years back but it never eventuated.... and as a SAM operator i'd love the chance to do it !!!!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
So what do you think, those of you that live in UK, about UK government giving the OK for military to mount Surface to Air Missiles on the rooftops of residences?
For me the question is not if missiles should or should not be mounted but why?

Why are there so many a$$holes who spent an excessive amount of effort and time to come up with ideas to kill people. Bombs, airplanes, poisons, gun fights - what's next?

Just saying. Now let me dip my bullets in pig's blood and kill 'em all. :hmm:

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I don't see what the issue is, other than a bunch of people who would be fully accepting of the idea except that "it's in my area". I'd love to know where they think the plane is going to hit the ground if they do shoot one down though. "We stopped the plane hitting a building by shooting it down and making large bits of flaming metal fall down on a 1 mile radius".

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SAMs won't stop a dirty bomb :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
If i was in London id have one on my roof..I heard they are paying the tenants a decent wedge for the priviledge.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i was in London id have one on my roof..I heard they are paying the tenants a decent wedge for the priviledge.
Now that's worth considering. I'd hope the chances of them being used are pretty slim, right?

Yeah but they're not disabled accessible. (That's one of the complaints).
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
If I took your post the right way.
If not --

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't see what the issue is, other than a bunch of people who would be fully accepting of the idea except that "it's in my area". I'd love to know where they think the plane is going to hit the ground if they do shoot one down though. "We stopped the plane hitting a building by shooting it down and making large bits of flaming metal fall down on a 1 mile radius".

You are correct...goverments tend not to think :huh:...avert one disaster, cause a larger one. :eek:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
and as a SAM operator i'd love the chance to do it !!!!
I don't know about that, could you imagine having to touch one or two off at a hijacked commuter plane full of civilians to advert a larger disaster? Nothing is as strait up as it seems anymore. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't feel more secure seeing you there though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts