Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may be someone can tell me where this gap comes from? It is from inside engine. All in the outer parts are good: the chain, sprockets, wheel damper set.. In the picture you can see how much the real wheel turns with gear on. It is wery unconvenient while riding motorcycle. May be someone has repaired a problem like that, and can tell something uesefull?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
:hmm:...... Are you saying that's how much movement you get when the bike is moved in 1st gear with clutch released???

because I'm sure I get "about" the same on all mine
:huh: and perfectly normal

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
yeah i just has a long look at that and the wheels been turned a third of a full rotation backwards, but nothing seems wrong with the bike?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
unless you mean that when you have the clutch in and knock it into first its biting a bit? then its probably something to do with the clutch?...

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Are you referring to the drivetrain lash? Mine probably moves that much, too.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Are you referring to the drivetrain lash? Mine probably moves that much, too.
Took me a bit but I think that's what he's asking about, drivetrain lash. Just make sure your chain is properly adjusted and all looks pretty normal to me.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yeah i just has a long look at that and the wheels been turned a third of a full rotation backwards, but nothing seems wrong with the bike?
Actually, it's only a couple of inches at most and nothing to worry about.
Probably just accrued wear in the chain, sprockets, cushdrive and transmission.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i'm with you wyo.. i guess the translation didn't come through very well.. but i agree with the other guys if that's what he's trying to describe.. mine moves maybe a little less, but still pretty normal..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for your answers, I am sorry I could’t decribe correctly what I want to ask. I dont know those technical terms in english. But I think most of all
understud my question, and thank you for your answers.
The problem is that, there are some free space somewhere in the engine or in gearbox. Just try tu push motorcycle to front and back couple times with gear swiched on. Ypul see that it has some free space tu ride. About 5 cm.
(of cours if your bike has this problem :) So , I dont know how to fix it, and where is the problem...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The movement (the gap) is just because it is a chain drive. There is always some movement possible if the chain tension is adjusted correctly.

If you make it so that there is no movement, the chain would be very much too tight.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Thank you for your answers, I am sorry I could’t decribe correctly what I want to ask. I dont know those technical terms in english. But I think most of all
understud my question, and thank you for your answers.
The problem is that, there are some free space somewhere in the engine or in gearbox. Just try tu push motorcycle to front and back couple times with gear swiched on. Ypul see that it has some free space tu ride. About 5 cm.
(of cours if your bike has this problem :) So , I dont know how to fix it, and where is the problem...
If you are concerned you will have to remove the sprocket cover so you can watch the countershaft sprocket and see if most of the lash is in the transmission or primary drive.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The movement (the gap) is just because it is a chain drive. There is always some movement possible if the chain tension is adjusted correctly.

If you make it so that there is no movement, the chain would be very much too tight.
I'm not aware of any drive system that doesn't have some lash in it but chain drive probably has more than any other simply because you have well over 100 parts that wear. You have each roller as well as the pin through each roller. Add the sprocket teeth and even one-thou of average wear soon adds up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now I noticed sone new problems im my honda. After 5000 prm emgine begins tu shake and the luod clicking sound apears.. Idont know wat is it now.. I am disapointed :( I put all my money to by this bike, but it is not in good condision.. It was my dream to have firablade.. I give up, I guess I will have to come back to gsf bandit..

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
now I noticed sone new problems im my honda. After 5000 prm emgine begins tu shake and the luod clicking sound apears.. Idont know wat is it now.. I am disapointed :( I put all my money to by this bike, but it is not in good condision.. It was my dream to have firablade.. I give up, I guess I will have to come back to gsf bandit..
Any chance of a video?
I'd suggest draining the oil and looking for glittering or silver streaks indicating metal. If it's clean you can pour it back in. If it's not then you may have a bad bearing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for your answer bladeracer, your advices are wery usefull for me. During weekend I made about 500 km with my blade, all the way I hear that sound. I thought about bearing too.. But witch of them could be bad I cant undestand... I still can't start to disassemble my engine.. Afaid a little :) Yesterday there where a president election in our country, now we have new president, so I hope for a better times to come.. :) May be after some years I can by a nem motorcycle :) I am joking of course..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts