Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I`ve been looking for a cool tail tidy to clear up the rear.
The thing is that I have the ABS version of the bike ( -09 ), and where I´ve looked no one offers a tail tidy for the ABS version.

Can someone help me out ?

Regards / Henric

·
Registered
102 Posts
R&G and evotech make a tail tidy that is compatible for both abs and non abs 08/09 bikes.

I have the R&G one myself and love the fact that when i'm doing a trackday, it's only four little allen headed bolts to remove the whole number plate hanger, leaving a lovely and smooth rearend.:cool:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:plus1:

R&G and Evotech both make quality aftermarket parts. Not cheap, but good quality.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! According to R&G`s webpage there is no FE listed for the -09 ABS version, so Im a bit worried.
Well, i guess Ill call em just in caes.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
75 Posts
R&G and evotech make a tail tidy that is compatible for both abs and non abs 08/09 bikes.

I have the R&G one myself and love the fact that when i'm doing a trackday, it's only four little allen headed bolts to remove the whole number plate hanger, leaving a lovely and smooth rearend.:cool:
How hard was that to mount? I admit it looks the biz, and I am thinking of one for my Blade but wonder how tricky it was to install. I am not massively mechanical, but do minor stuff, have had the fairings off, etc.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Not as hard as you think mate, if you know what to do !!!

If you get one, drop me a PM and I'll give you some pointers :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
How hard was that to mount? I admit it looks the biz, and I am thinking of one for my Blade but wonder how tricky it was to install. I am not massively mechanical, but do minor stuff, have had the fairings off, etc.
Yep what Splatty and Firbb said its not to bad to mount but its surprising how much has to be removed to fit it, on my last bike a GSXR1000 K7 it was only four bolts so I guess Honda just want to make it difficult for no reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts