Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes an undertail that you don't have have to hack away half your bike to install. I would like to get one that is just a direct bolt in. No cutting necessary.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I doubt it, the stock one is all one piece that included the battery box, electrical fuse block holder, tilt switch, etc. I doubt someone would bother remaking all that stuff when you can just hacksaw the rear portion of the stock on off.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nope, hack it off. Its far from 'half of your bike', just the last 3-4' of the battery tray. Easy mod, and Im sure you would sell your bike with the undertail - removing any fear of having to replace the battery tray when you finally decide to trade or sell.

Go for it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the input. I have a texas tail and am going to replace it with the stock one. I bought a new one from honda. I just don't like the way they are jerry rigged. One would think there would be a company that made one that was a complete bolt on. I would pay the extra cost to not have to have all the inconveniences of the coventional ones. Tape, loose fit, and loss of trunk space are what I am reffering to. I guess with all that said the stock one is what is for me.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Go with Hotbodies if you want fitment without loss of space (what I have). His first batch had fitment issues, but he has since (over a year ago) resolved those problems. The 'Texas tail' is known (on this board at least) to be a piece of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts