Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
:nono: politics is not very good on a site like this.....Georgia is not very inocent - so no one should be pointing fingers.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Better take a look again MCR, this is the Politics Forum. I think the US should keep their involvement in this region to a bare minimum. Enough cans of worms are already open and they don't need any more. Let the UN or some other Nation step in. They will only be critisized anyway. Humanitarian aid only.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
And during the time you wrote your posts many kids and women were hurt if not killed, lost their homes, lost their husbands, fathers, etc.

Great!! Nobody will go to war for Georgia and Russia knows that.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Our troops are already spread way too thin as it is. Maybe we should finish a conflict or two before we jump into a new one. I was in Bosnia and Kosovo in the late 90s. Most people form both sides wanted us gone even though it was a pure massacre before the UN stepped in. As long as it's not Georgia, USA, well, best of luck and see ya later.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nothing we can do militarily. Diplomatically, yes, but our efforts could easily backfire. One hopes this doesn't start an arms race within the countries of the former Soviet Union. They need that like we need more bad loans.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing we can do militarily. Diplomatically, yes, but our efforts could easily backfire. One hopes this doesn't start an arms race within the countries of the former Soviet Union. They need that like we need more bad loans.

Looks like it's already starting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The title of this thread is misleading. There is no US vs. Russia. Even though US is being accused of provoking Georgians to attack Russia, the war is still between Russia and Georgia. US military action/supervision involvement is still a rumor out of the propaganda machine. Russia knows they are in deep sh$t with the UN, they will say almost anything to get them back in good standing on the world stage. US is running humanitarian missions only (dropping supplies) to Georgia. We must learn to base judgments and decisions on hard facts only. The US has certainly learned this rule the hard way by fighting this second Iraq war and offering the world no proof of Iraq's WMD (weapon of mass destruction.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Russia is not going to stand for GW's continual pokes and jabs, especially now that they have a guaranteed, long term source of revenue and Europe by the energy dependent balls. The proposed voodoo science "missle defense" itself may result in an escalation of the arms race. Who has the most to lose when the US threatens to pull out of arms talks? Europe -but they proved that they can't even prevent/police a civil war in thier own back yard (Bosnia), let alone tame The Bear.

I'm sure that the neocon "advisors" that GW inherited from his daddie have some sort of plan but it will be up to the next administration to try to sort it out. I hope that the next admin. puts more thought into dealing with the aftermath than the provocation. Iraq proved that, probably to the tune of a trillion taxpayer bucks.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Our troops are already spread way too thin as it is. Maybe we should finish a conflict or two before we jump into a new one. I was in Bosnia and Kosovo in the late 90s. Most people form both sides wanted us gone even though it was a pure massacre before the UN stepped in. As long as it's not Georgia, USA, well, best of luck and see ya later.
Im with you exit90a. I was there also. This govnt likes to stick its nose in everyones business. We only have two nostrils, after a while they will both be bloody. If someone wanted to stick defense missiles in my back yard and call it strategic defense pointed my way, hell id take over some shyt too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The U.S. and Russia are the two leading arms dealers in the world. This squable is good for business. Very bad for innocient people like you and me.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The U.S. and Russia are the two leading arms dealers in the world. This squable is good for business. Very bad for innocient people like you and me.
Ths US and the UK are the worlds leading arms dealers. UK accounted for 1/3 of the worlds arms last year and are in the same boat if not better this year. The Eurofighter is one of the UKs biggest exports. Saudi is one of the Us biggest buyers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts