Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a little frustrated, but all is good now. We melted all 4 spark plugs the other night with too much NOS, (197rwhp and 96.8lbs tq). I could go in and try to put a little more fuel pressure in it, but I'm tired of messing with it. 159.8rwhp and 76lbs tq on motor is the outcome. We went from a 40 shot to a 60 shot and gained another 10hp and 4lbs tq, (176 to 186) and I put the PC3 to full high on the high bar with no difference thinking it might not be have enough fuel. I backed it down to the 40 shot to stay safe, (which is 8hp less on NOS than I ran last year). Guess the higher compression isn't liking the NOS as much. It did gain 6hp on motor, so I guess it was worth it. I probably need to switch to a PC3r and pull some timing out, but I guess that will have to wait.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pretty good numbers there:thumb: just wondering if the standard injectors are capable of supporting over 200hp? Have you thought about trying bigger injectors or even fitting the CBR1000RR's 44mm throttle bodies with the dual injectors (of course you would need the 1000RR's cpu, wiring harness and dash but they are all pretty cheap on ebay, I know ive purchased all of the the above in anticipation of some work I plan on doing to my 954 :evilaugh: )

Keep up the good work and keep us updated :D

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
I think some timing retard above 9K would definitely allow the fuel/spray a chance to work. I ran into this with just U4 and especially with nitro. When running a mix of Power Mist nitro and VP 114 we lost 6 HP on the top end until we backed the timing out and then we picked up 4 more HP over the U4. If you play with the nitro, you will definitely need larger hoses and a strong fuel pump (we sampled 4 different units and found 2 that had way less output pressure than the other 2).

But good numbers nonetheless :thumb:

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Erion several times and he did recommend the 44mm TBs, but I was running out of time before the season started so I didnt have time to do it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
If it was running out of fuel on top, wouldn't you see it on the A/F?

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Abtech. Yeah, I probably should switch to the PC3r. I use a Yosh EMS box also and hook it up to a switch to use 2 different maps, 1 for motor runs and 1 for a full spray run. That might be the way to go.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Ah.

My 929 was not responding how we felt it should've to some mods (cams, nitro)and I always wondered if it was fuel related.

It didn't show lean on the A/F but it was a really weird problem.

·
Vendor
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. Funny how my higher compression should have made more power with the MRX-01 when that is what it is designed for, turns out the MR9 was a much better fuel for it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
It's what keeps us coming back...and empties our wallets. :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts