Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out and bought another 2003 954rr today!!! I got the faster blk/red one again. I couldn't wait anymore and needed to get back on a bike. Anyway, since the the raffle money was everyones at one time, I thought I would let you know what is happening to it.

So far:

Dan Kyle is reworking a set of 954 forks
Sato rearsets

Those purchases pretty much used up the cash, but i'll be getting a few other items from Dan.

Here is the list of mods I have in the garage waiting to get installed on the new 954:

Hindle full system exhaust w/ carbon oval can
PCIII
Scotts Dampner
BMC race filter
Factory Pro 80mm velocity stacks
Galpher stainless steel brake lines
HRC brake pads (front)
EBC black pads (rear)

Rick

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
COCKHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  J/K.  I'm jealous.  I sincerely hope you put my $45 to good use, as I'm sure you would wish me the same   .

edit: P.S. - Enjoy the new ride, and I hope you don't have any more bad luck staying upright. Glad you're still here to banter on the forum!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Psst, wanna nice Ohlins rear shock?

Money well spent (the DK stuff, that is)

Nice of you to update us. That ingrate nedro hardly ever lets us know how the ST is doing

·
Registered
692 Posts
K9inAZ : I went out and bought another 2003 954rr today!!!  I got the faster blk/red one again.  I couldn't wait anymore and needed to get back on a bike.  Anyway, since the the raffle money was everyones at one time, I thought I would let you know what is happening to it.

So far:

Dan Kyle is reworking a set of 954 forks
Sato rearsets

Those purchases pretty much used up the cash, but i'll be getting a few other items from Dan.

Here is the list of mods I have in the garage waiting to get installed on the new 954:

Hindle full system exhaust w/ carbon oval can
PCIII
Scotts Dampner
BMC race filter
Factory Pro 80mm velocity stacks
Galpher stainless steel brake lines
HRC brake pads (front)
EBC black pads (rear)

Rick
You lucky lucky!!

I'm sure I won't be the only one to point out that the Scotts device is called a DAMPER  

Thanks for spending my money on cool stuff!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
2OHOH2954 : Psst, wanna nice Ohlins rear shock?
After doing the forks, his shock won't be far behind! I know I couldn't stand it for long when I had my forks done...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, 2OHOH2954 I sent you a PM about the shock!!! Maybe we can make a deal!

Rick

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
K9inAZ : Hey, 2OHOH2954 I sent you a PM about the shock!!!  Maybe we can make a deal!

Rick
Got it and replied

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on raffle money!

I recieved my Sato rearsets, but I haven't gotten my forks back from Dan Kyle yet.  The 954 is coming along fine.  I bought 2OHOH2954's Ohlins rear shock, so I'll be running reworked fronts and Ohlins rear.

I installed my Sato rearsets and got to ride it a little. It took about 15 minutes to set the rearsets up to my liking and riding style (well, what I call a riding style  ). I ended up setting the peg height to 20mm back and 30mm up from stock.

I never really knew what I was missing with the stock rearsets. I always thought that rearsets were for racing and that street riders have them for bling purposes. Man, was I ever wrong!    My feet felt more planted on the Satos. I couldn't make my feet slip off the pegs if I wanted too. The Sato's have ball bearings in the shifter levers, so the action of the levers were super smooth.

I have a Hindle high mount exhaust and with the stock rearsets my heel on my boots or shoes would touch the exhaust pipe. Now with the Sato's new peg position, I can move my feet back to the toes and never hit the exhaust pipe.

I give a thumbs up to the Sato rearsets!!!

I couldn't post the pictures so here's a few links;

Right side

Left side

Rick

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Must stop looking at the mods, must stop before you start buying..., it's going to be a long winter.  The Satos look nice and it sounds like you'll have just about EVERYTHING you'll need.  Congrats!

Signed,
Envious.

Edit: This thread is why I don't buy raffle tickets - LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts