Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I know it's been a while. Just wanted to let you know that I did indeed finish the ram air set up on the 929. I entered one local round (mosport) in the 2011 CSBK Am superbike class, and almost put it in the top 10... finished 13th, got smoked by bmw, newer gsxr, zx-10, but I did draft by a 160hp '05 gsxr1000, and managed to stay in front till the finish. Hey, for a 11 year old bike with stock motor and suspension and my first race in 3yrs, I'm happy. Here's some pics from CSBK.ca.

Nuno!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
:thumb: Those are some great pictures. The last one especially. Not bad place for your old school bike, huh? I love these older FI Hondas!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back straight at mosport isn't as straight on the 929 compared to the SV650, it does work well for decade old tech.
I'm switching gears this year... Gonna put a complete proper race season this year with a Daytona 675 in the CSBK National Am600 class. If I'm able to include some regional rounds, I'll bring the 929 out as well, as it should be ultra competitive in the Hwt sportsman class, where the bikes have to be 10yrs or older. Btw, with 5L of fuel in the 929, it weighs 379lbs, which includes the complete oem subframe.

Nuno!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts