Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw someone on rrzone update his 97 to 07 fairing and now I plan to do the same with my 93. My question is does anyone know what I would all need besides the obvious fairings, headlight. Also, I'm undecided if I should go 06/07 front and rear or 02 954 rear as I do like the look and little extra trunk space. Any ideas?

This is what I'm kind of going to end up with hopefully, minus the undertail exhaust.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,045 Posts
If you had a picture there it didn't upload. I'm sure the fairing will work, but it will probably need some hand made brackets and hardware. Most likely some trimming, cutting, finagling, etc. certain electrical bits and bobs, but you really won't know what you need until you get the fairings and start fitting them. I think there was a chap here that put 1k fairings on his 954 or 929. Can't remember specifically. Good luck, and :welcome:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input and it's not that I don't have the patience, it's that I already have a nice full Vance & Hines ssr2 exhaust that I love the sound of :). Got everything for $60 and it had no glass pack but the sound is beautiful.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I put an '08 fairing on mine. It never suited it, looking awkward and gawky. I bought a chinese copy 954 fairing off the 'Bay in West livery, suits it far better and fits almost as if stock (given the making of a few brackets). The most expensive part of the conversion was the headlight unit, very few around on the bay and sell for top dollar.
My only BUT on this one is that, for some reason, the shape of the nose makes wind-blast a real problem at 'higher' speeds. I would guess that the 929 fairing set is the best compromise between modernising and rider comfort, and headlamps are so much cheaper!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I put an '08 fairing on mine. It never suited it, looking awkward and gawky. I bought a chinese copy 954 fairing off the 'Bay in West livery, suits it far better and fits almost as if stock (given the making of a few brackets). The most expensive part of the conversion was the headlight unit, very few around on the bay and sell for top dollar.
My only BUT on this one is that, for some reason, the shape of the nose makes wind-blast a real problem at 'higher' speeds. I would guess that the 929 fairing set is the best compromise between modernising and rider comfort, and headlamps are so much cheaper!

jdugen- thats a really nice looking blade. fairing forks brakes steering dampener man!! (now you need the aprillia swinger)
really changed the additude of the bike. cant hardly tell its a 9r not at first glance. nice work on the fairing fitment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments. It does, to my surprise, look rather good. Remember, this was a frame and motor I was lucky enough to find for the princely sum of..... £150 (including loom, electronics and even the R/H twistgrip and switches). I fancied an R1 front end, complete for £250 (!). An '08 rear wheel to match the three spoke R1 front (17'' wheel, upside downies, blue spot calipers all in one go). The wheel spindle mounting needs machining out to 25mm to fit the '08 rear wheel spindle, all goes in using standard spacers.
I'm using the RR-W RR-X swinger because it gives a lovely supple ride with the triangle plates reversed and gives the back a nice bum in the air look.
I've never, ever put a box of bits together so quickly... and cheaply. It performs as well as any other comparable blade for less than the price of a scooter!

Cheers.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,045 Posts
jdugen- thats a really nice looking blade. fairing forks brakes steering dampener man!! (now you need the aprillia swinger)
really changed the additude of the bike. cant hardly tell its a 9r not at first glance. nice work on the fairing fitment.
:plus1::plus1::plus1: why aren't here more pics of your bike around here??????? Looks fantastic! And hmmmmmmmmm, gives me ideas..........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That bike does look pretty good. My only quirk with the 954 is the single lens headlight, kind of a no go for me. Reminds me of a gixxer lol. But I think I'm leaning more towards 954 tail and just '06/07 headlight and side fairings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts