Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the tips on this forum (chain's in particular) , I was able to refresh my brake system. Originals had 17k miles on them. Galfer hh pads front, black rear, galfer ss lines . Mity vac 4000 bleeder used. I got pads/lines from Todd @ Cal Sportbike. Great experience, great supplier. De-installed/installed lines, torqued to 15 ft lbs. Mity vac works sweet. Sucked in new fluid, bled out at calipers, then up to banjo bleeder up top, then final at each in same order. I was glad I got the banjo bleeder bolt. Made that part as easy as calipers. Looks sano too. Pedal and lever action generates instant stopping . Was able to use all stock grommets , merely added rubber tubing inside to make up difference in hose size. Only fastening point I did not use was where 2 stock front hoses meet 1 on original setup. Anyone come up with something to use there? Used Prestone "high performance" Dot 4 fluid. Thanks again to posters for tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Conq and Peter , thanks. Those look like as good as oem! That will complete the job. Thanks Again- Tom S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts