Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to this fourm and im sure this question has been asked a few times but i figured id just ask it myself. I upgrading from my hyo 250 and i want to get a 600rr. Ill have to take out a loan on it so ill have to have full coverage for about 2 yrs. Im 18 so insurance is gonna kick me right in the balls. If i just cant make it with the 600rr what would the next best bike be that insurance wouldnt be like 120-150 a month.. I was thinking a sv650s but im still pretty new and yall would know bette than me, so im wide open. Also i would love to take a class and get into the track, thats like my dream!!! Anyways im wide open to suggestions so please any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
you'll be fine with a sv650, ninja 500, gsxf or a ninja 650r...plenty of other options and you'll feel a very notable difference in either of those

·
Registered
106 Posts
im 18 and i started and still on an sv650s.. great bike.. insurance is only $15 a month since its a v-twin. really fun bike, it has a lot of torque that it pretty spread out so it will keep pullin until u hit speeds u will never need. definitely go for the newest one you can get. 2003 and up they did a good remodel on it that i would recommend trying to get, but i have an 01 and love it. (i didnt know the main differences at the time i bought it and it had a great price).. they r really solid bikes.. also you would go longer on a sv then u would on a 500.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I was looking at insurance it had to do more with the age of the bike than the size. A 2005 ninja 600 was $30 more a month than my 03 954. Buy early 2000 I recomend buying fuel injected, unless some one with more experiance has a valid objection;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx for all the help guys!! The sv650s with full farings is realy starting to grow on me. Also the gsxf 600 i dont know much about that bike though, have any of yall had any experiance with that?

Also CBR954 if i was to get a early 2000 model why should i get a fuel injected instead of carborated? Would a carborator that old just be a pain in the @$$ or somthing?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thnx for all the help guys!! The sv650s with full farings is realy starting to grow on me. Also the gsxf 600 i dont know much about that bike though, have any of yall had any experiance with that?

Also CBR954 if i was to get a early 2000 model why should i get a fuel injected instead of carborated? Would a carborator that old just be a pain in the @$$ or somthing?
no it is mainly eas of use. you dont have to mess with jets at all you just program the computer. I would say carbs may be cheaper at first but the more mods you add the more you need to change your jets. With fuel injection you plug your laptop into the powercomander (if you buy one) and change the settings. Also fuel injection self adjusts to just about all conditions and altitudes.
Dont qwote me but i am sure it is more fuell efficient also. I know fuel injection on cars are.

check that out i finaly hit 100 posts.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
No idea on insurance since I am old and gray so mine is less :evilaugh:

On a class look into the Ed Bargy Racing School. They run it at Barber and TGP both of which are easy for you. I recommend TGP for the class though. Barber is awesome but not easy to learn and a bit intimidating if you have not been on the track. TGP is easier to learn but a lot of fun and would make it easier to focus on the lesson rather than the track.

·
Registered
900 Posts
954 didnt come out till 2002 and the 2000-2001 929 onwards are all fuel injected...

·
Registered
203 Posts
get any 400cc bike, i had the NC30 as a stop gap from a kris 250 / cb 500 and the honda was the best!. 60 bhp rocket, and im 6ft. it done for 2 years till i got my blade (for insurance purposes!!!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
the fuel injection is also good reason to go with the new generation.. its just newer/better technology vs a carb. or everything would still be using carbs.. i would think you always wanna get the newest model u can.. if ur not sure then google fuel injection vs carbs and compare the differences

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No idea on insurance since I am old and gray so mine is less :evilaugh:

On a class look into the Ed Bargy Racing School. They run it at Barber and TGP both of which are easy for you. I recommend TGP for the class though. Barber is awesome but not easy to learn and a bit intimidating if you have not been on the track. TGP is easier to learn but a lot of fun and would make it easier to focus on the lesson rather than the track.
Thnx where is TPG at? Barber is the closet to me but if TPG isnt too far ill check that out

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
get any 400cc bike, i had the NC30 as a stop gap from a kris 250 / cb 500 and the honda was the best!. 60 bhp rocket, and im 6ft. it done for 2 years till i got my blade (for insurance purposes!!!)
Hey whats this NC30? I looked it up and it looks pretty cool. Iv never heard of this bike before

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Hey whats this NC30? I looked it up and it looks pretty cool. Iv never heard of this bike before
I've got a NC29 (CBR400RRN) and it's a great bike :D

As for the NC30 I don't think they were readily imported into the USA so finding one may be a little tricky..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
speeddemon call me this weekend if you want to get out and ride :thumb:
Yea id be up for that if u dont mind rollin with a hyo 250 haha. But i got a wrestling tournoment this weekend in scottsboro. Wrestling really hasnt left me any time to ride much, haha its been driving me crazy, its my last year though and i cant wait till its over

1 - 20 of 22 Posts