Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little put off here. I have a Mosfet RR im trying to put on and im really just checking that there should only be five wires total once the upgrade is done.

The three wires from the Stator to the RR and then the 1 wire to power and one wire to ground.

Correct?

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,148 Posts
A little put off here. I have a Mosfet RR im trying to put on and im really just checking that there should only be five wires total once the upgrade is done.

The three wires from the Stator to the RR and then the 1 wire to power and one wire to ground.

Correct?
Which year are you putting it on?

Here is my 93 900RR, I used a MOSFET, and took the wires "out of the harness", on their own. Yes, the 3 yellows go in one side, and the ground (black), and the red with the 30amp fuse to + of battery.

4CBD717C-0975-46F4-8FAF-797262EE7A73.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Correct?
Which year are you putting it on?

Here is my 93 900RR, I used a MOSFET, and took the wires "out of the harness", on their own. Yes, the 3 yellows go in one side, and the ground (black), and the red with the 30amp fuse to + of battery.

[iurl="http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86609&stc=1&d=1519949207"]
[/iurl]
Yep. Looks exactly like my kit. Did you reuse the wire gasket on the stator cover? The stator came with the stator and three wires coming out but no stator wire gasket. Bike is 2002 954rr.

Racetech Electric is the brand for both stator and RR.

Im more worried about the Engine Cuttoff Relay thats tied into the RR harness. After installing yhe new RR and Stator that wire will no longer be connected due to me not using the factory harness.

Thanks!

·
8,148 Posts
Yep. Looks exactly like my kit. Did you reuse the wire gasket on the stator cover? The stator came with the stator and three wires coming out but no stator wire gasket. Bike is 2002 954rr.

Im more worried about the Engine Cuttoff Relay thats tied into the RR harness. After installing yhe new RR and Stator that wire will no longer be connected due to me not using the factory harness.

Thanks!
Your new stator should have had the grommet come with it, as it’s sealed around the wires. I’m assuming you don’t have a connector at the end of the wires? I suppose you could try reusing the old one.

I got my replacement stators from Rick’s, and they were complete with connectors and grommets.

As for the wire for the fuel cut off relay, which wire from the reg/rec did it connect to???? The black? If so, just run a jumper from the engine cut off relay wire to ground. Got a pic of it?

AAD245E8-5F7F-4EC4-9CA6-884EA2AB8CBA.jpeg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks!
Your new stator should have had the grommet come with it, as it’s sealed around the wires. I’m assuming you don’t have a connector at the end of the wires? I suppose you could try reusing the old one.

I got my replacement stators from Rick’s, and they were complete with connectors and grommets.

As for the wire for the fuel cut off relay, which wire from the reg/rec did it connect to???? The black? If so, just run a jumper from the engine cut off relay wire to ground. Got a pic of it?

[iurl="http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86641&stc=1&d=1520038704"]
[/iurl]
Yeah it didnt. I ended up making it happen through much patience, a small drill bit and some hole punches+patience. The wires from my new stator are a waxy coating and a bit thicker overall then the stock so altogether with trying to get the wires out of said gasket it was a coffee table project but hard on the wrists (thats what she said).

Anyhow; yes the black wire/actually 2 wires wired into the same pin on the bike side of the harness. I will try your suggestion if i have problems with the bike not starting after i get her all back together.

I was thinking that having that wire disconnected was just disconnecting a redundancy since the wiring diagram seems to start with the lean angle sensor which is connected to every other crucial part of the bike (injectors etc). So there would be many other ways to turn off the bike should (when) it goes sliding across the tarmac.

Attachments

·
8,148 Posts
The red wire from the reg/rec should go right to the positive of the battery, with an in line 30amp fuse attached. My reg/rec came with one. Its inline, tucked in next to the ECU.

D744C978-142F-431E-A951-00DBF773F930.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The red wire from the reg/rec should go right to the positive of the battery, with an in line 30amp fuse attached. My reg/rec came with one. Its inline, tucked in next to the ECU.

[iurl="http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86713&stc=1&d=1520281377"]
[/iurl]
Thanks. Mine came with one but no ring terminal. Of course i have every ring terminal size but that one. Haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts