Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folk,

Been trying to upload an Avatar for a while now, but I've tried clicking off on the 'Do not use avatar' icon and tried 'Reset Fields' without success.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Hi Andrew , dont know how you've been doing it, but if I remember, click User CP, click edit avatar, go do to option 2 select file, then save changes, or is that what you did, remember you have to alter size 150x150 pixels .Bill

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andrew , dont know how you've been doing it, but if I remember, click User CP, click edit avatar, go do to option 2 select file, then save changes, or is that what you did, remember you have to alter size 150x150 pixels .Bill
No, still no joy Bill - it doesn't give the option.

On the forum homepage it asks me to 'Upload you avatar', but when I click on the icon it takes me to the screen I posted above but then doesn't allow me to do anything?

Cheers
Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Hi Andrew, just a small cadre
AV 1 is how the page should be

Av 2 is when you upload your pic

Once that Pic is in the box , press save change

How thats, better.:smile Bill

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Hi Folk,

Been trying to upload an Avatar for a while now, but I've tried clicking off on the 'Do not use avatar' icon and tried 'Reset Fields' without success.

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Thanks
Andrew
I'd start by becoming a Supporting Member.
All other attempts will be futile.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Just been in and tried that Bill, no joy - I'm clearly a 'techno-biff'.

Thanks for your help, but I'll pass on it for the time being until my shallow bruised ego mends itself! :banghead:

Cheers
Andrew
Sorry about that Andrew, forgot the obvious, I'll never be top of the class:frown Bill

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
Even a just a Regular member I should still be able to post an avatar, albeit smaller in res.
Is that your personal opinion, or are you stating a site policy that I'm unfamiliar with? I have yet to see a
non-greenie be able to have an Avatar. :idunno:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that your personal opinion, or are you stating a site policy that I'm unfamiliar with? I have yet to see a
non-greenie be able to have an Avatar. :idunno:
No, that's not opinion, that's what it says on the link you posted listing the benefits of the various states of membership.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
I'm not being argumentative, Andrew... I just don't see what you're referencing :idunno: Just tyring to help :cheers:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not being argumentative, Andrew... I just don't see what you're referencing :idunno: Just tyring to help :cheers:
Thank you, but the only answer I have is in the link you posted - clickety-click HERE :deal: where it lists the benefits of the various types of membership. This seems to be at odds with your subsequent post above which must be correct as I can't upload an avatar.

I'm afraid I can't offer any other answers as I'm just a simple Infanteer? :googly:

Cheers
Andrew

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:)

unfortunately, both of those are paid (supporting) memberships. one annually, the other lifetime. if you come across somewhere stating that non-paying members can have an avatar, surely bring that up to a moderator or administrator. when I first joined, I too had the same issue.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts