Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I live in Thailand and am the proud owner of a 1995 blade. I recently had some paintwork on the tank, and now the machine has this god-awful vibration that starts around 4K until 6K. It is so bad that if you touch the fuel filler hole in this rev range it vibrates more strongly than my wifes industrial turbo marital aid. The vibration resonates through the bike, especially through the handlebars.

The biggest headache here is finding a decent mechanic. One guy yesterday was ready to pull the engine apart and rebalance it somehow with a hammer and chisel:eek:

It seems like the vibration is coming from the bottom of the tank near my knackers (the only positive thing):D

Does anyone know if the tank is mounted on some kind of rubber bush on the frame that may have been omitted in the fitting of the tank ? The engine itself seems smooth enough, and the two little rubber gromits on either side of the tank are in place.

Any suggestions gratefully aqppreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
:plus1: on the rubber piece.

If you dont have a manual, you can check an online micro fiche to verify everything that should be on your bike. ronayers.com is the first thing that comes to my mind.

good luck
-jh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Its early morning here and I have to dash off to work for a few days, but I'll check that out at the weekend. Sounds like that could be the answer to the problem.

Many Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts