Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me the last reg that they did the original urban tiger colours until or the 983cc engine ceased. Is it possible to have a genuine urban tiger on a 1996 P plate?

Regards

Mick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is an N reg (1995), the dealer may not have registered it until it sold in 1996 so being a P reg is feasible, if you're not sure the Urban Tiger model code is SC28 which is the 1st 4 characters of the VIN.
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I still don't get why people use the registration date to determine a year. I remember in the 90's seeing ads for new Chrysler vehicles and they were three years old. That car sat on the dealers lot for 3 years; why would it matter if it was sold in 1998, it was still a 1995 model year vehicle. The registration date is meaningless when it comes to the actual model year.

Look at the VIN and figure out the model year (or look at the date manufactured) and you now know if it is a factory urban tiger or not. Sure someone could have changed the bodywork, but that could always be the case regardless of the registration date as well. Buying OE plastics is not cheap, so many wouldn't spend the money doing it unless it was in an accident and the insurance was paying.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,610 Posts
Mine is an N reg (1995), the dealer may not have registered it until it sold in 1996 so being a P reg is feasible, if you're not sure the Urban Tiger model code is SC28 which is the 1st 4 characters of the VIN.
Dave
Technically JH2S would be the first 4 characters of the VIN, but I know what you meant ;)

I don't know for sure because we didn't get the UT in the states, but if it was only offered on the SC28 for 1995, the model year manufacture date digit in the VIN will be an S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts