Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I stay in India and we hardly have any good mechanics for these superbikes.

My suzuki gsx-r 600, 2008 model had problem. Coolant contaminated with engine oil. I replaced head gasket. And the waterbody seal is also perfectly fine. But still coolant is getting mixed with engine oil. Now what should I do ?

Please help me out guys..

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Did you find the problem with the old headgasket? Was the head cleaned or resurfaced properly? Was the work done by someone qualified?

It is possible to still have residue in the coolant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old head was hardly out of shape.. Even the surface of the head was fine when got it checked by a qualified person. Their is no residue in the coolant I am sure.. We just pore water before starting the engine,water could be seen on timing chain and valves.. Is their any crack-age anywhere?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Old head was hardly out of shape.. Even the surface of the head was fine when got it checked by a qualified person. Their is no residue in the coolant I am sure.. We just pore water before starting the engine,water could be seen on timing chain and valves.. Is their any crack-age anywhere?
Did you do a compression test before you removed the head to determine that the head gasket was the problem?
Does the engine run okay?
Where are you seeing the water exactly?
You can run the engine without coolant or while it's leaking provided it is not runing into a cylinder as that can do serious damage. If you fill the radiator with water it is not staying filled even with the engine off?

If the engine over-heated at all you may have cracked the head. The simplest way to check would be to pressure test the cooling system.

There is also an oil cooler that has coolant running through it. If that is damaged it can allow coolant into the crankcase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now my mech chould make out that their is a crack in the head!.
Now can't the head be repaired? If not how much an new cyl head cost and is their any chance of getting an used head?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Now my mech chould make out that their is a crack in the head!.
Now can't the head be repaired? If not how much an new cyl head cost and is their any chance of getting an used head?
It depends on where it's cracked and how bad it is but generally, I wouldn't bother. Get a secondhand replacement head but make sure it's complete with its original camshaft caps. Set up Ebay to email you every day about any heads that get listed. It may even be easier and cheaper to buy a complete engine if you find one.
If you buy a new head there is a lot of work involved in swapping your valves across, which is very expensive if you're paying somebody else to do it. From Ron Ayres a new _bare_ head is US$1000 - Ronayers.com Fiche Desktop Motorcycle Suzuki 2008 GSXR600 CYLINDER HEAD_

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi,
I was very lucky to rectify the faulty head. We have assembled everything back now. But another strange problem popped up !.

1. RPM is not crossing 10,000.
2.A B C switch mode isn't working.
3. Unstable idling.
4. Red light is always on and the temp meter blinks F1 and 52 deg celcius

I don't understand what could have went wrong.

Plz help me

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi,
I was very lucky to rectify the faulty head. We have assembled everything back now. But another strange problem popped up !.

1. RPM is not crossing 10,000.
2.A B C switch mode isn't working.
3. Unstable idling.

I don't understand what could have went wrong.

Plz help me
This is a bit more GSXR-specific so maybe try a GSXR forum but it sounds like maybe one of the sensors isn't connected. Is there any flashing error code on the dash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi everybody,

We have assembled back everything but now..
1. Black smoke
2. After riding is for hardly 5 kms, plugs are truning filly black and again we have to clean it up and then it starts.
3. Improper idling.

But It doesnt have any problem with RPM, it easily revs upto 14k rpm

What should be the problem now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts