Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, newbie to board, quick question, hope someone can help, i've got 10 hours before the ebay auction ends for this item

problem: front wheel wobbles real bad while riding, my mechanic told me it's the rim, has been bent someone (potholes?) regardless, needs to be changed, now i found a 94 honda cbr 600 F2 front rim on ebay for sale, wondering if it will fit on my 95 honda cbr 600 F3???

the number on my spoke says "42R" but i dunno about the number on this rim on ebay, but it seems like good deal

please help, thnx

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I'll see if I can help:

The wheel is not the same part number - doesn't mean they aren't interchangeable.

The axle is the same part number - good sign.

One of the collars is the same part number - good sign.

It looks like there is a series of 4 parts on the '94 called the "box assembly"(item 9). I can't tell for sure, but it also looks like one of the parts of the box assy on the '94 is what drives the speedo. The drawing showing the front wheel on the '95 has a lot fewer pieces.

The discs are different, is the disc included with the new wheel?

I think if you get the older wheel, you would need a spacer that is the equivalent of the box assembly that is found on the older model. If it were me, I don't think I would go for it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You can swop about any wheel on any bike if you really want to. I put hayabusa wheels on my f4i. with a bit of lathing and grinding, collars, spacers calipers are esay to adapt. Go for it.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Collars and Spacers maybe needed, but I'm sure they would work if you have some DIY skills.

The weight maybe a little higher on the older model (a few grams but I'm not sure) :idunno:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Forget eBay and send your rim to:

Wills Rim Repair

He'll fix it for $65 and you'll know it's straight...which is no guarantee if you buy it on eBay. He does excellent work and is endorsed by many WERA racers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts