Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
What are the differences in the bikes between the US and the UK. By the way we are talking 954 here.
UK has HISS and a 42T rear sprocket.
Headlights aim to the right and left respectively.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
am i rite in saying the US California model also has some extra bits for emmission control
It has an O2 sensor and carbon cannister but some European models have the O2 sensor.
Cali has different cams and throttle bodies as well.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Early UK 954's the headlights are switched, 2004 onwards UK models have the headlights are on all the time.
Good point, I'd forgotten about being able to switch the lights off on US bikes.
'04 onwards wouldn't be 954's though.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So. What is HISS? All of that cali models stuff. How bad is it robbing my power? Cam difference?
Would it be worth it to ditch all of the cali crap?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So. What is HISS? All of that cali models stuff. How bad is it robbing my power? Cam difference?
Would it be worth it to ditch all of the cali crap?
HISS is a really stupid integrated immobiliser system that costs legitimate owners a lot of money without making it any more difficult for thieves to throw your bike on a truck.
I don't believe the Cali stuff is costing power but it does add a couple of kilograms I think.
I was wrong about the cams. The 954 runs _slightly_ more lift than the 929. The Cali doesn't list a difference.
I doubt there's any advantage to removing the Cali junk other than a slight weight saving. Do some research and see how Cali's compare on dyno output to non-Cali bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts