Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for an adapter to use my firewire to transfer data from my camera/mp3/blackberry etc to my pc. I guess I need a plug adapter that makes the standard firewire end fit the small trapazoid looking plug found on all my electrical devices. Anyone know of an animal?
Chris

·
Registered
12,773 Posts

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Let me check when I get home I might have one you can have for free. I cannot remember the exact ports and brand but it is 'doz/mac compatible

EDIT: Sorry I thought you needed a firewire card :down: I think Conq is correct in that you need USB not Firewire and it should be a mini-USB to USB cable, RTFM to be sure.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
ConqSoft said:
I got a data cable (mini-USB, same as above) for my Motorola RAZR, PLUS the Motorola Phonetools Software, PLUS a genuine Motorola car charger, for less than $20 to my door.
hmm you intrigue me. thats the phone I have, what is this phone tools software. where did you get all this stuff for under $20.

I might have to call and cancel my order.

edit: ahh fleabay

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
so I just called Cingular to cancel my order and while I was on hold it starts talking about how you shouldn't just throw away old cell phone batteries. It says you shouldn't throw them away because some of them contain oxycontin.

and after being on hold for 5 minutes I hung up cause I'm very impatient on the phone especially when on hold.

sorry about this little thread jack here. I'm done now.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I've got a Motorola V551 (Cingular GSM). Does this cable and software let me use my laptop's internal modem and go online through dialup? All this friggin' technology has me confused...:huh: :D

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I have a ton of the USB cables, just looking for something faster. Only Firewire device I have is my Canon MiniDV cam which has turned into a POS deluxe. Thought data transfer was data transfer, and bigger is better... Oh well.
Thanks,
Chris
No firewire and USB are both protocol AND hardware specifications. Not interchangeable on any front with out some sort of translator which would limit speed to USB (or less).

Let me guess the Canon is eating tapes and flashing a warning no matter the tape :crap:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Not eating them, but giving me Error messages and not accepting any tapes... I already sent it back once...
Chris
Mine died a similar death after about 3 years. Granted it took some abuse like track days and skiing (including an endo or two)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts