Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a straightforward mod to convert my 1994 CBR 900 RR-R to upside down forks? Would the forks/front end from a 2002 CBR 954 work, for instance?...

If not, is there a 'better' set of forks that would go on relatively easily?

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i've done a straigtforward USD fork conversion on my RR-R, using 954 forks & a SP-1 front wheel coupled with Braking wave rotors. once you have the parts, its a direct bolt-on. (courtesy of fellow forumer "Sime")

u could PM "Sime" on how to setup everything, and yeah, i'm looking for Sime too~!

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Very cool.
So the SP axle fits the 954 forks or did you have to replace the wheel bearings and use the 954 axle?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Very cool.
So the SP axle fits the 954 forks or did you have to replace the wheel bearings and use the 954 axle?
The latter..... you have to use the 929/954 axle, and fit 929/954 bearings to the SP1 wheel. You need to file down the inner collar a little (about 2-3mm), and also need new wheels spacers machined. Well, you can use one and have it machined dowm, and you need another one made from scratch (but its easy for a machine shop to do).

Cheers,
Sime

PS. you can use the 929/954 front wheel as a direct bolt up, but the 3 spoke wheel looks completely ugly with the 6 spoke rear wheel. And the 3 spoke 929/954 6" rear wheel is a too difficult to fit and gives you tire clearance issues if you use a 190. Better to get the new spacer made for the front wheel!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts