Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its raining today after days of sunshine and great riding here in Washington. So I took the time to dive rite into whats under the tank of my new to me 1993 900rr. found beat up stacks out of the carbs, cracked vacuum hoses and a shiney vacuum port with nothing on it (no hose or cap), so I took a chance and plugged it. also a vacuum hose coming from the front right side of the carbs with a screw in it im guessing to plug it. Anyone know what the one I plugged off at the bottom back of the carb is for, and the one I described top right that have the screw in it are for. After I fixed some hoses and plugged the bottom vacuum port it doesnt seem to pop and backfire anymore. is this just a coincidence or did I fix something?

·
Registered
824 Posts
im thinking the back one to the carb might be to equal pressure from the head to the carb...i dont have a 900rr though so im not 100%...the front screw-in-hose could be to an intake flapper? I dont know when they started making the flappers in the intake but i know they are on the newer cbr's and an easy way to get the flapper to stay open is to just plug the vacuum hose that goes to the diaphragm that opens it...but once again...i dont know the 900RR engine so....you get the point...hope this helps...just check to see whats around the hose and open port and youl be able to connect the dots hopefully....if not...get a manual and check in there and you will definately find the answer...

·
Registered
554 Posts
If it's a 49state model 93, shouldn't be any vacuum lines coming from the head or the carbs. There are threaded ports on each cylinder to screw in adapters for carb synch tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.