Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
36000 miles on my 929. Bike runs good but im assuming the previous owner did not do the 32000 mile valve check. While I'm doing this what else should I replace?
Im going to replace iridium spark plugs, valve cover gasket, and see if the airbox is what is buzzing at 4k rpm. I want to replace the cct while im down there but not sure if you guys are refering to "cam chain tensioner lifter comp(4)" or the "cam chain tensioner(3)" that usually needs replaced.

OEM Parts Honda CBR954RR (CBR900RR) 2000 CAM CHAIN - TENSIONER - Cheap Cycle Parts

Thank you!!

Chris

ps. speedo says im doing 40 when im doing 30. Do you think the sprockets have been replaced? rear 3 up or something?

·
Registered
23 Posts
36000 miles on my 929. Bike runs good but im assuming the previous owner did not do the 32000 mile valve check. While I'm doing this what else should I replace?
Im going to replace iridium spark plugs, valve cover gasket, and see if the airbox is what is buzzing at 4k rpm. I want to replace the cct while im down there but not sure if you guys are refering to "cam chain tensioner lifter comp(4)" or the "cam chain tensioner(3)" that usually needs replaced.

OEM Parts Honda CBR954RR (CBR900RR) 2000 CAM CHAIN - TENSIONER - Cheap Cycle Parts

Thank you!!

Chris

ps. speedo says im doing 40 when im doing 30. Do you think the sprockets have been replaced? rear 3 up or something?
1 think that great about the 929 is the valves stay in spec. You can still check but after a valve adjustment on mine at 16k they stayed in spec after that.47k miles on this engine.

Your regeared. You can see the number stamped on the gears. I think stock is 16 42 but I'd bouble check that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I replace cct or cctl, anyone??? Which is the one that wears out first?? thanks for the reply taHOEShateme2. Hope I can get another 10k miles outta mine!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

Thank you!!

Chris

Part #4 is the tensioner.
Part #3 is the rear chain guide.
Yes, count the teeth on both sprockets.
25% is a lot of difference so you're probably somewhere around -1/+6 or -2/+3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts