Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just recently had my bike in for some regular maintenance including the valve clearance inspection.

So yesterday was the first day I had a chance to take the bike out for a good spin, when I stopped for a drink I noticed what looked to be quite a bit of oil on the right fairing all the way to the back of the bike. When I got home I took the fairing off and this is what I found, looks to be leaking from the cylinder cover gasket, but it’s hard to tell. Anywhere else it can leak from cam chain tensioner bolt maybe?

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
the picture isn't much help because you can't see the valve cover but that does sound like the problem. take it back over and make them fix it (and they shouldn't charge you because they messed up)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Damn mechanics. It's one thing to mess-up on a car, but a mistake like this could be critical, literally, on a motorcycle. I wish people gave a poop about each other.

If you weren't leaning much, I'd say that oil was blown out under pressure. Thus it is probably the gasket.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Its easy for the average clutzy mechanic to botch lining up a clean gasket with sealant. Just like forgetting to balance the tires. Just a few reasons why I do all work myself these days. That way I only have myself to blame!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts