Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I saw that in the newspaper today. Man, I am a big Pens fan but to go out on the road and riot because of a loss is the last that comes to my mind. I'd rather drink a couple beer.

Idiots! That's all I can say.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Not hockey fans. Just the same tools that appear at all the large gatherings worldwide and the same bunch of tools that show up to get them going by videotaping them.

Real fans bring beer and flags, not anti-tear gas kits, masks and molotovs. Don't give the dirtbags any more publicity. I don't think that they would have packed up their gas bottles and brought them back home if Vancouver won.

Did you see all the signs the next day by the real citizens and fans?
They thanked the police, the interveners and most of all, they congratulated The Boston Bruins for a well deserved win.:thumb:

Especially Thomas! Wow, best goalie in the world without question.

I also noticed that long time fans were using the series as a way to showcase hockey and not pit one country against another. Takes away the whole point of sport when it divides. :thumbd:

Does Thomas want to come to Toronto and play for us...:crap:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
... Yes there are groups that go around doing this.. Thing is, the fans do get themselves involved in these riots. If the fans were actually proud of their city, then they would take these groups out into the woods.. and bury them :)

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
... Yes there are groups that go around doing this.. Thing is, the fans do get themselves involved in these riots.
There always going to be someone who jumps in when something is going on, it has nothing to do with hockey or fans, just people who are criminals or young people who think it's 'cool' to kick a cop car :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice that the rioters almost exclusively broke windows belonging to shops where they could steal merchandise? That's not a riot, that's a bored kid/drunk/loser deciding that he or she will take the large crowd opportunity to get a free I-pod or gold chain.

Funny also that so many of the people taking pictures and vids, publicly slammed hockey and admitted that they only showed up to "see what would happen". Yeah, get drunks and criminals together with people willing to film their antics and guess what happens :huh: Oh yeah, they turn it into popular TV shows.

If the fans were actually proud of their city, then they would take these groups out into the woods.. and bury them :)

Actually that's sort of what has been going on there :( The problem now is vigilantism. Serious public naming and shaming and sometimes happening to the wrong people. They're now talking about charges being brought up against those other losers who are photoshopping their friend's pictures into riot scenes. Real funny when your buddy loses his job thanks to your prank.

The fans are proud of their city, why wouldn't they be? :huh:

Most people like their city or they wouldn't live there. Thousands immediately Facebooked and Tweeted to get the crowds back to help with the clean up and they did. Just not so exciting to splash that all over the news. Families with garbage bags and brooms? No death and destruction there.

I know the team/fans is the arch rival of your city's team but I think fans are fans and there's going to be a dickhead in every crowd. Not all soccer fans are hooligans either but the normal ones don't make the news.

Some analysts are even trying to use the old "hockey = violence" argument. That's so lame. No one complained about games or series where there were no fights but again that wouldn't make the news.

If that argument holds then the Seattle riot must have meant tree-huggers and hippies = violence??
:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I gather that these are the same people that rioted at the Olympics, and that some have records at many different events stretching back a decade or more.

That tells me two things. They're common pathetic thugs, not sore losers; and the media is less reliable than an old tabloid, and anything they publish can't be trusted to be truthful.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I gather that these are the same people that rioted at the Olympics, and that some have records at many different events stretching back a decade or more.

That tells me two things. They're common pathetic thugs, not sore losers; and the media is less reliable than an old tabloid, and anything they publish can't be trusted to be truthful.

:thumb: Yup, every public gathering the world over has a few idiots in the mix.
Just some local thugs and a few drunk fans thrown in for good measure. :(

Probably lots of truth published but not so much published that shows the normal people that didn't do anything other than have a beer and toast the winners, saying, "Maybe next year.."

There was a huge wall in the downtown where fans and citizens wrote messages of apology to the sport or to the locals or congrats to Boston etc and guess what,...it was vandalized last night.

Um, kinda dumb that no one thought that something like that would happen. :rolleyes: That would have been a lovely arrest and so easy too. Bummer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts