Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Not such a good idea. The set-up get rid of the air box to theoretically allow more air into the engine and with proper A/F ratio to produce more power. With the set up, filtration is reduced thus allowing more particles into the motor. Unless you're racing and need every possible power advantage the potential wear to your engine is not worth it. Plus, most sport bikes air box have a ram air inlet to force more air into the engine at speed. This unit may negate that ram air process. Unless the unit came from a reputable race company that spent time on R&R, like Graves the advantage you're looking for may not be so.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Found a set of Factory Pro velocity stacks for my 954 a couple years ago just before having bike dyno tuned. We made 2 pulls with the FP velocity stacks then changed to stock stacks and made 2 more pulls. No change so I sold them.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Found a set of Factory Pro velocity stacks for my 954 a couple years ago just before having bike dyno tuned. We made 2 pulls with the FP velocity stacks then changed to stock stacks and made 2 more pulls. No change so I sold them.
:thumb: I know on an 06 gsxr 1000 that I have, the factory brand velocity stacks actually lost a lot of midrange, we tried tuning for them, but never made the power back. Now, on another 06 gsxr 1000 of mine, with a built motor, they helped, a little, but did help, not worth the price tag though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know the the factory pro stacks are typically a waste of money, however they keep the stock air box, this gets rid of the air box completely. I have built cars with individual throttle bodies with velocity stack and it made a pretty decent difference in throttle response and you could feel a definite power increase in the seat of the pants. i also wouldnt be worried about filtering, there are extremely good filters made for velocity stacks that filter just as good if not better than any standard filter the bike would run otherwise. i dunno, im just asking questions. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts