Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on an ebay item and it was for i think 80mm v stacks and said it was for a 3 to 4 hp gain anybody had any experiance or is this just bogus!!!:cycle:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Wasn't someone buying a pair of those Factory Stacks from Ebay and giving them a go?

Z...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a set and will be dynoing the 954 here as soon I have some time. Work is killing me, way too much OT.

Rick

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the info im waiting to hear you dyno results. could you not cut the factory stacks down and do about the same thing?

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
No you can't. The radius at the opening of the stack is very important to performance.

This is not just conjecture, a member tried it on the dyno a long time ago...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
K9inAZ said:
I have a set and will be dynoing the 954 here as soon I have some time. Work is killing me, way too much OT.

Rick
NO! Someone on this site tried that and screwed up the air delivery. The horn at the end of the stack is crucial!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like i'll be waiting for the dyno results then! just trying to save a little money ya know!:cheers: :bomb:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have an 01 Erion w/ the serpents, pcIIIr,fiberglass CAI's and the velocity stacks from Factory Pro. After installing them the initial thing I noticed was more "intake honk". Quite a bit more noise when rolling the gas open. In the ole "butt dyno" w/ the full system already in place, I felt alittle more from around 7000- redline. I cant give you numbers but I did feel a small difference and that was good enough for me. Also, the intake noise sounds really good.
Justin

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Thanks for th einfo - sound slike there may be some truth to the claims. Having said that, for me anyway, having a better intake noise alone is almost worth it...

Z...

·
Registered
112 Posts
"NO! Someone on this site tried that and screwed up the air delivery. The horn at the end of the stack is crucial!"

that might have been me...I did lose HP when I cut the factory stacks down to the height of the aftermarket ones..

I got more HP by removing the stock air filter and putting in a home made Uni element filter...on the dyno..that made as much HP as having no air filter.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Something that I tried and am still doing is using the velocity stacks out of a 2000 CBR 1100XX. They don't fit exactly but with a little modifying they do the job. They are about half the height of our stockers. The two on the end are slightly shorter than the inside two (similar to ours). Definately hear the "growl" quite a bit more. Not sure on performance. Seat of the pants, I cannot say I noticed much. No dyno results either. Just thought it may give you another option if you want to "tinker" with the idea. I am not sure how much the 1100XX stacks are (I got mine for FREE).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I called up FactoryPro and talked to the owner. Got a really good deal on the stacks, advancer and new shift star. All shipped for pretty much retail cost of the price of the stacks :)
:hyper:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
:nworthy2:
CBRBob said:
I called up FactoryPro and talked to the owner. Got a really good deal on the stacks, advancer and new shift star. All shipped for pretty much retail cost of the price of the stacks :)
well how do they work? can he give everybody else the same deal or do you have connections!!!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
kellyu said:
:nworthy2:
well how do they work? can he give everybody else the same deal or do you have connections!!!
Well I just ordered them so........ :) Besides, in the N.E. there isn't much for track riding anyway. I will also probably degree the cams while I am in there :hyper:

·
Registered
48 Posts
CBRBob said:
what does the shift star do??? what other mods do u have??? lastly will u use the advancer instead of a pcIII???

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
superRR said:
what does the shift star do??? what other mods do u have??? lastly will u use the advancer instead of a pcIII???
The shift star makes for smoother more positive shifting. The old shift kit (just the follower) was a micro bearing instead of a bushing with a stronger spring. The star has reshaped ramps etc. If you find you miss shifts you might need this. I had missed a few 5-6 shifts wide open at BeaveRun. To tell you missing a gear at 150+ is UNNERVING. The old kit works well, just a tad stiff to find neutral. All else was easy. The new kit with the star is supposed to take care of that.

The advancer is a permanent way to adjust timing instead of the PC3r. It supposedly works well with cams(which I have).

I have the Hardracing ram-kit, flapper removed. The bike has been GMD optimized. Too much to list basically LOL

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
CBRBOB,
I too have cams (drop in Erion), do you think it would be more beneficial for me to buy a PC3R or keep my PC3 and buy an ignition advancer from factory pro? I do have the head ported and polished and JE pistons (bored out to a 980cc) with 13:1 compression.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
With the boring and headwork done you need the PC3 and a good dyno operator. No use playing with a now unknown motor. Have a good map made for yourself.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts