Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhh ! What a nice looking helmet. And light too. I had to look twice to make sure I had it in my hand when I picked it up. Thing is so light it just about floats. I just tried on a large about an hour ago. Damn do I want that thing. I just dont want to pay $900- for the thing. :crap: Sure would go nice with my Black and titanium 954 though. Does anyone here from the site happen to have one?

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Damn, your name is just deeply disturbing for some reason.

Nice lids, I wish I had that kind of dough in my budget for one.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
Damn, your name is just deeply disturbing for some reason.
"You suck enough ass, and eventually, you'll choke on shit."

NOTE to Taz: This quote has been edited from its original format...to fit your screen, or something like that. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
U.S. DOT and ECE-22.05 Safety Certification

Well don't bother bringing the bling to Grattan, it won't pass inspection. No Snell, no sell. :nono:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
and it looks like crap anyway. Why not just buy some stupid CF stick on paper and wrap it around your head?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
mr_rua said:
Suomy is B.S.I. 6658 compliant. Are the rules at Grattan such that it's Snell or no ride?
The rules for Fireblades.org [email protected] are such that if the country you are from uses BSI or ECE as their standard for competition helmets, then they are allowed (as long as they are in excellent condition and less than 5 years old and carry the current certification). If you are from the US, then a Snell 2000 or later certification is required (along with the same age and condition requirements).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What nobody likes my screen name? It does'nt matter anyway. Trust me it has NO meaning on my part. Yeah, no Snell approval. One of the reasons why I dont like spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
abtech said:
and it looks like crap anyway. Why not just buy some stupid CF stick on paper and wrap it around your head?
Do you really think it looks like crap? I actually thought it was half decent. Its obviously not flat which means there is a seem in it. And it just so happens to run down the center of the helmet...... as if you split it in half. Although the seem is noticeable its very well done.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
abtech said:
The rules for Fireblades.org [email protected] are such that if the country you are from uses BSI or ECE as their standard for competition helmets, then they are allowed (as long as they are in excellent condition and less than 5 years old and carry the current certification). If you are from the US, then a Snell 2000 or later certification is required (along with the same age and condition requirements).
I don't understand the logic, but anyway I'm thread jacking.

Better pic of Vemar.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fl-929 said:

Better pic of Vemar.
Damn Not 1, but 2 of them. Somebody's got money. :eek:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
fl-929 said:
The logic is based on following the primary standard for the locality involved. In other words, since this is the US and the prevailing safety standard for competition based helmets is SNELL, that is the requirement. The exception is for people that come from another country where SNELL is not the prevailing safety standard and even purchasing a SNELL certified helmet may be difficult. This is similar to the FIMs requirements since they host riders from around the world.

As I pointed out in another thread, the Suomy helmets may be good, but to maintain their light weight they decided to go for a standard their helmet could pass. The Suomy helmets cannot handle the "second blow" required in the SNELL certification without exceeding the maximum allowable G transfer. I think this speaks for itself . . .

·
Registered
551 Posts
abtech said:
The exception is for people that come from another country where SNELL is not the prevailing safety standard and even purchasing a SNELL certified helmet may be difficult.
. . .
My name is Kodos. I am from Rigel 4 and I do not have a SNELL certified helmet.

:rotfl:

Sorry, had to do my Simpsons thing.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
mr_rua said:
My name is Kodos. I am from Rigel 4 and I do not have a SNELL certified helmet.

:rotfl:

Sorry, had to do my Simpsons thing.
If BDA were coming, I would have to allow the foil helmet as well . . .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts