Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered my rear tire at the very beginning of march from Ron Ayers. They said it was in stock and going out the next day. A week later, no email saying it's been sent, so I called. "oh its in stock and it'll be going out tomorrow". A week later and nothing. Last week I called and it was, "it's been a mixup, we'll send it out first thing next week, and we'll fax you your invoice so you can take advantage of the Pirelli tire deal". Now I come to find out the promotion JUST ended. Boy was I jipped.

So, am I justified in wanting Ron Ayers to offer me a front tire at a discounted rate?

Boy am I peeved!

That being said, I should point out they they are really nice.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re: Venting about Pirelli Tire Deal.

I'd be ticked too. The one time I called them, I wasn't impressed w/their service. Maybe I just caught 'em on a bad day??

:idunno:

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

Blitzen said:
I ordered my rear tire at the very beginning of march from Ron Ayers. They said it was in stock and going out the next day. A week later, no email saying it's been sent, so I called. "oh its in stock and it'll be going out tomorrow". A week later and nothing. Last week I called and it was, "it's been a mixup, we'll send it out first thing next week, and we'll fax you your invoice so you can take advantage of the Pirelli tire deal". Now I come to find out the promotion JUST ended. Boy was I jipped.

So, am I justified in wanting Ron Ayers to offer me a front tire at a discounted rate?

Boy am I peeved!
All you gotta do is "buy" the rear by 3/31/04, you can still send it in if you did buy it a while back... No worries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

ccwilli3 said:
All you gotta do is "buy" the rear by 3/31/04, you can still send it in if you did buy it a while back... No worries.
No. Pirelli said that the promotion was until 3-31 or "while supplies last"

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

Blitzen said:
No. Pirelli said that the promotion was until 3-31 or "while supplies last"
Exactly, you bought your tire before then... Its when you buy it, not when it gets to them... :thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ccwilli3 said:
Exactly, you bought your tire before then... Its when you buy it, not when it gets to them... :thumb:
Well, I'll try that. Thanks

·
Registered
3,983 Posts

Blitzen said:
Well, I'll try that. Thanks
I just sent mine off today, so we'll see how it goes... I got my tire from Ayers also, you might wanna edit your title as this is really about your experience with them and not really Pirelli.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting your tire. If you give me a call or send me an e-mail I will be hapy to look into the situation and see what happened and if there is something I can do.

Thanks,
Chip Spalding
Manager
RonAyers.com
1800-888-3084
[email protected]

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Hello Chip. Welcome to the site, hopefully you'll have time to see some of our more pleasant threads too. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chip,

I just want to let you know that my experience with you guys has been very positive, less that little detail about the tire itself. Vicky, I believe her name is, has been VERY VERY nice and helpful.

Like I said above, I sent it to Pirelli anyway. Perhaps because I DID buy it before the 19th, my order will be valid.

If not, perhaps I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the response.

Eric

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Blitzen said:
Thanks Chip,

I just want to let you know that my experience with you guys has been very positive, less that little detail about the tire itself. Vicky, I believe her name is, has been VERY VERY nice and helpful.

Like I said above, I sent it to Pirelli anyway. Perhaps because I DID buy it before the 19th, my order will be valid.

If not, perhaps I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the response.

Eric
Your experience has been very positive except for getting the tire? :huh:
Did you get your tire yet or is that next week? And was it in stock the whole time or did it have to be ordered? 4 weeks waiting for a rear tire and I'd get a little impatient as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SuperDave said:
Your experience has been very positive except for getting the tire? :huh:
Did you get your tire yet or is that next week? And was it in stock the whole time or did it have to be ordered? 4 weeks waiting for a rear tire and I'd get a little impatient as well.
I'm not sure what happened with this particular order as I do not have all the information on this customer, but Pirelli did have a back order issue with the diablos because of the free front tire deal. Demand exceeded supply... :idunno:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm not sure what happened with this particular order as I do not have all the information on this customer, but Pirelli did have a back order issue with the diablos because of the free front tire deal. Demand exceeded supply... :idunno:
This is true. It took almost 3 weeks to get my rear Diablo from Ron Ayers, but I sent them an e-mail asking when, and they informed me the tire was backordered and should ship on Wednesday. It actually shipped 2 days earlier than expected. Three weeks is a bit long to wait for a tire, but I understand the backorder thing. Perhaps a little better e-mail response to backorders?
:idunno:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the tire before 3/16 and they said it WAS shipping well before 3/16. I would have the free tire if not for their mess up, it seems. :idunno:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm having a similar experience with Ron Ayers, they are taking their sweet time with my order. I'm concerning calling my credit card and disput the charge, and never ordering from them again. In this day and age, there is no reason to keep the customer hanging. The way I see it, if Ronayers can't deal with the business volume, either expand or close your doors. :thumbd:

Rip

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn that's pretty harsh Rip. Sorry to hear about the experience. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Chip at Ron Ayers. :crap:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry to hear Rip, hopefully things will get sorted out. I have only placed one order with Ron Ayers. In my experience, price and customer service were top notch. I would not hesitate to do business with them again. :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts