Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has fitted the Ventura system to an 08-09 or 2010 Fireblade with an R&G tail tidy fitted? I'm thinking of getting a set to go over to the North west 200 in May, as I don't fancy the ride with a rucksac! I'm not too sure if the L brackets will fit with the tail tidy, so if anyone has any experience of this I'd love some advice. The guys at Ventura wern't sure when I phoned them, and it's quite a lot of money to lay out if they won't fit..... I could always put the original tail unit back on for the trip, but it's a lot of messing about I'd rather not have to do!
Cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
I do not have the answer, sorry. I am thinking of fitting one of these myself and did not realise there is a potential problem with the R&G tail tidy :confused:

I am off to the Nurburgring at the end of May, and really do not fancy using my ruck sack again.

.............. Hoody :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a bit of searching I found another thread, and it looks like they should fit ok with the tail tidy, I'll let you know for certain when I get them. The problem I could see was the L brackets not fitting withthe indicators being highte on the R&G than the standard tail piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Adey, yes can also confirm that the Ventura Luggage fits no probs. The only issue I had was that my 2009 HRC ABS had a rear Honda hugger fitted which was fine with only me on the bike, however with the extra weight of the luggage, the rear hugger hit the ABS pump box leaving two rub marks on it. This was with only one Ventura Spada bag. To be fair to the dealer, he told me that there was not a hugger listed for a ABS model but had fitted one to a Repsol and had no probs. I took it up with him, the Repsol guy had had no bother, but did not have luggage fitted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. From what you say Davie, I'll take the hugger off for the trip over to the North West 200 when I'll have the luggage fitted and stick it back on when I get home.
Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I have a question about the ventura systems. I am thinking of getting it for the 929 but I have heard people saying for 1 person riding (where the luggage can face into the rider), however I will be touring with a pillion (I know people say its not a good idea on a fireblade for 2 people but we went London to Amsterdam on a ZXR400 and managed without any luggage options).

I just wanted to know how it would work and realistically what can I expect to fit on a the sport pack or the pack rack. Also do you have to use Ventura luggage designed for the rack (although buying specific ventura luggage isnt an issue)? In addition can panniers be added (although hoping not to use them) and can you still take off the pillion seat?

When we travelled to Holland, we used 2 backpacks but these were really full and thats what made it uncomfortable.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I am covering myself before I get one!

Many thanks ^_^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.