Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) GoodMorning, Im looking forward to adding a VFR Singlesided swingarm to my 1994 Honda cbr. Jus looking for a more modern look. Is there anyone that can give me some complete step by step info on doing this swap. Or jus tell me what ill need an i can fig out the rest. Thanks in advance:idunno:

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi, yeah iv done this conversion, i used the vfr 800, its very easy to do, the 750 vfr arm is not so easy but can be done. you only need a short braided line with the same fitting on each end to loop the rear caliper from the vfr 800, about4" long, the spacers all fit from the blade arm into the vfr bearings, this lines up the sprockets perfectly. the oposite side has two bearings side by side, remove one and cut 5mm off the casting, grind it flat, i did this with a hack saw and angle grinder. the shock bolts straight up as before and away you go

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry bud! i did this on cbr 900, not the 600, it may be the same for that too, if you measure the width between the frame mounts for the swing arm, then the width of the vfr arm it will give you an idea, you can remove a max of 8mm from the vfr arm on the side with two bearings

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gee I am not sure the F4 has a different swingram set up. I not sure but I guess you would have to use a VFR 800 swingarm if the F4 uses the engine as a stress mount for the swingarm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts