Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01' 929 and about a month ago I changed the fork tubes, had some neck bearings installed and put on a new front tire. It now seems I've picked up or just now noticed a vibration in the hand grips. It's not very bad, more of a buzzing feeling really, however, this is enough to get quite annoying after a while. The funny thing is when I pull in the clutch it's as smooth as can be. It also seems a little worse when I hit bumps in the rd. I don't recall this before, but maybe now that I have good bearings (my old ones were shot) a problem that has always been is now noticable. I assume this must be engine related since it goes away when I let off the throttle and pull in the clutch, but I have no clue what could be causing it. Any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
Have you pulled in the clutch and noticed the vibration go away at above say 50mph? I'm just trying to eliminate the possibility of it being in the front suspension/steering.

If you pulled your gas tank off to do the fork work, did you make sure you re installed everything back correctly? I know on my '95 there are rubber tank isolators on each side of the tank, if i were to forget them or have one fall off during reassembly it causes a nasty vibration while riding.

Check for other things that could be vibrating, cables, gauge instrument panel, wiring panel covers, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speed has no effect at all. If I pull in the clutch and let it idle it's gone, if I keep the clutch in and rev it - it's back. I did pull the tank and will double check that. Any other idea's?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New front tire. I rode the bike for over a year without it feeling the way it does now - something happened. It has to be somehow related to the new parts, but as I said before I think it's the new stuff that made it noticable, not necessarily the cause. I suppose there's a chance it is normal and I just couldn't feel it as bad do to my extremely worn neck bearings, but it's annoying enough to not enjoy riding after an hr or so.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Check to see if the headset bearings are still tight.
Then check the front wheel bearings,this could be the problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings - so from your message - it does not matter what speed your doing ? do you get the same vibrations if you sit in neutral ( in your driveway ) and bring the revs up to 5000 rpm + ?( and hold )

Boc

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the vibration goes away when pulling the clutch and letting the engine idle, then it is coming from the engine. You might have something wrong with the engine or a loose bar weight for example.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts