Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Good video.

You do know that the metal bar attached to the bottom of the seat is a prop rod for the gas tank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My 954 has been running rough at 2 to 3.5k (I put on a thread '954 stutter', don't bother looking.) It's been on the dyno and is really noticable. We tried new plugs, throttle position sensor, cleaned the injectors. there were improvements, but it wasn't solved.

I've not thought of just taking the vacuum tube off to see if it drips. I'm checking tomorow!

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the video! I just bought a 01 929RR Erion, with 1800 miles on it. Its running rich, getting about 50-60 miles per tank, smoking, strong gas smell. I took it the shop, they replace plugs said that they were all bad two much wores than the others, cleaned injectors, and said valves and everything else was super clean. Ran a little better still bad gas mileage, and running pretty rough. after doing some research on here I decided to order a pressure regulator, should have it in a couple days, I think that has to be it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
I received my FPR from ronayers.com. It was the cheapest location I could find on the web for the part.

Changing the FPR required I remove two 8mm bolts above and below the FPR. With the tank propped up, I was able to use a vice-grip on the right side of the bike to block the fuel line before removing it from the FPR. It helps keep the fuel from leaking during the swap out. The FPR I received came with the rubber gasket ring used between the FPR and the fuel rail. Overall, the job took about 15 minutes as the bottom 8mm bolt is blind and you have to feel for it in order to get a socket on it.

Rode the bike today and was totally blown away how smooth the CBR954RR is. I purchased the bike with only 500 miles on it so I've only put about 1k miles on it thus far. It feels like a totally different bike. It is so smooth that the bike feels electric and the snatchy throttle was eliminated. Previously, my bike was twitchy under lower RPM, would occasionally smell like gas, etc.

I did notice that the new FPR is a Keihin part. I'm going to hunt around to see if I can find it elswehwere and find the specs on GPH for the regulator. It may open the door to finding the part cheaper than the $65 bucks I had to pay or finding an alternate adjustable FPR.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Feel lucky, in blighty (England) we get charged a diabolical £130 (Approximately US$208). Bladeracer was kind enough to provide a link to show the price in Oz is similar to the US.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would be nice to find this part online from Keihin. Or, as an alternative, one could find one to the same or similar specs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this thread is 3 months old, but my new 954 is having similar symptom at low rpms, I'll check tomorrow, but what is the part number to search for at Ron Ayres?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I know this thread is 3 months old, but my new 954 is having similar symptom at low rpms, I'll check tomorrow, but what is the part number to search for at Ron Ayres?

You don't ask for the part number and then search for it.
You look up the part to get the part number so you can then order it.

16740-MCJ-013 - REGULATOR, PRESSURE - Honda OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

OEM Parts Honda CBR954RR (CBR900RR) 2003 THROTTLE BODY ASSY. ('02-'03) - Cheap Cycle Parts

·
Registered
12 Posts
My problem was I was looking in the fuel pump section, not the throttle body section... the fuel pump filter looks somewhat similar so I was a bit confused. You would think since so many people seam to have issues with their FPR, there would have been some sort of recall.

Ah well, thanks, I will post pics and vids of me actually replacing it, sort of a step by step guide.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
My problem was I was looking in the fuel pump section, not the throttle body section... the fuel pump filter looks somewhat similar so I was a bit confused. You would think since so many people seam to have issues with their FPR, there would have been some sort of recall.

Ah well, thanks, I will post pics and vids of me actually replacing it, sort of a step by step guide.

It's not a recall item, it's a maintenance item. These FPR's are getting pretty old now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Not much too it. Prop up tank. Pinch fuel line on opposite side of regulator with vice grips/clamp, etc. Remove two 8mm bolts, vacuum line and full return line from regulator. Replace regulator and o-ring. Re-attach fuel line and vacuum.

Cheers!
Sean

·
Registered
378 Posts
ok...i know ive mentioned this on another thread that i started...but my bike is running a bit rich down low. i figured NAAA>>>can be my FPR ..thats not gonna be whats wrong with my bike....i also noticed that off idle it has like a half second dead spot when i go to take off. i have to get moving about 10MPH or so then nail it once the throttle is past the "off-idle" position, is this sounding more like the FPR?? i guess i wasnt wanting to hear that becuz i was ignorant to how easy it is to change. but if that simple little part will make my bike run better, im all for it...cant complain though, thing runs like a raped ape once your rolling 15mph or more.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts