Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Video Cam for Christmas (Canon ZR45) and Im trying to figure out how to transfer video from the camera to the computer. Right now Im using the USB connection, but plan on getting the Firewire card this week with some of the $$ I got. I figured that with as much video that I see on this site, that someone would have the skinny on it so I dont have to comb through the book.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and bought the firewire card and cable today. The wire was more than the adaptor :huh: Rockin and rollin now! I have 5 tapes as of now, and plan to get in the habit of going from DV tape to DVD as soon as possible with all my videos, so 5 should do me for a while. So far Windows moviemaker has been good, but I may try out pinnacle as I have heard good reviews...
Chris

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
NinerPilot said:
I went and bought the firewire card and cable today. The wire was more than the adaptor :huh: Rockin and rollin now! I have 5 tapes as of now, and plan to get in the habit of going from DV tape to DVD as soon as possible with all my videos, so 5 should do me for a while. So far Windows moviemaker has been good, but I may try out pinnacle as I have heard good reviews...
Chris
Shoulda bought the cable online. Gotta wait a couple days, but well worth the ~$20 difference...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
If you want some decent video editing software, try Pinnacle Studio 9. Frankly, I think USB2.0 is good enough for what you need, Firewire is faster, but I didn't think USB2.0 was slow at all.

Try Studio 9. Very simple program, and yet powerful enough to look semi-professional (it just takes time). I use it all the time for vids and stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts