Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you lurkers this is for you. Ive noticed that a thread can have 10, 20 30 etc views before someone comments..........why?
Now that Ive managed to change things that peeps can see what the thread is about by just hovering your mouse why do you still go and view without a comment......................surely you arnt that boring or thick that you dont have a simple thought process (hope that wasnt to big a word).

Please enlighten me, I refuse to believe your pure morons or am I wrong, this is a discussion board?

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I never bother with the little quote bubble that pops up when you hover. If fact, I ignore, detest, object, filter out, downright hate that feature. I wish I could turn it off. It's always covering up what I really want to read in the first place.
Sorry for my rant, but in light of the topic, I couldn't very well just lurk-n-leave now could I. :idunno: :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think the majority of "lurkers" are most likely newbies with similar problems with their bikes so they may take a peek and then monitor the responses as and when the gurus step in?!

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Yep, I agree. When I first started here, I didn't feel confident enough to comment on many threads. Or I was just too shy.

And sometimes what I'm thinking is just plain boring. Sometimes it's just demented. Either way, it's not always worth sharing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yep, I agree. When I first started here, I didn't feel confident enough to comment on many threads. Or I was just too shy.

And sometimes what I'm thinking is just plain boring. Sometimes it's just demented. Either way, it's not always worth sharing.
Well that post was a bit boring, and slightly demented :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I think the majority of "lurkers" are most likely newbies with similar problems with their bikes so they may take a peek and then monitor the responses as and when the gurus step in?!
:plus1:That plus not wanting to be a :thrdjack:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Ok you lurkers this is for you. Ive noticed that a thread can have 10, 20 30 etc views before someone comments..........why?
Now that Ive managed to change things that peeps can see what the thread is about by just hovering your mouse why do you still go and view without a comment......................surely you arnt that boring or thick that you dont have a simple thought process (hope that wasnt to big a word).

Please enlighten me, I refuse to believe your pure morons or am I wrong, this is a discussion board?
Lots of reasons :)

Sometimes questions are posted that are too ridiculous to waste time responding to, or so poorly worded that it's a chore to try to make sense of it.

Sometimes the gist of a thread is not apparent from the short bubble that pops up so I have to click into it anyway.

I try to view threads from new posters and old threads that a new poster has added to just to see if they're spammers, if they're suspect I might check the thread a dozen times during a day to see if they've come back and edited a link in.

If I'm searching for something specific I might click through several threads.

Sometimes the thread turns out to be about aesthetics (which I'm not interested in), or electrics (which I'm hopeless at).

For what it's worth, I generally don't mind the hover thingy, but what would be really handy, is being able to see the last post in the thread rather than the first one.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
If you replied to every thread you went into, you'd be like ... well ..... us. And who the **** wants to be like us? :idunno:

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
I've become a Lurker Ray......

Mainly becouse, buy the time I read everything an have caught up, I've forgotten what I was Gunna say.

This,could of course, just be senile dimentia setting in, or ermm!...something else Like........errr? Well, I forget now, but something highly intelligent that was relevant to whatever it was I was trying to say
:idunno::huh:#insert:sittingincornersmelingfaintlyofwee&alzheimer:Smilie#:hmm::welcome::crap:

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
I lurk once in a while. Sometimes, I just don't want to type anything. Mom say's to play nice with the other kid's in the park. So, some day's its just better to Lurk around. Other day's, :eyebrows: I let go, and release some of my demented, distorted, nothing is sacred, deranged, unbridaled stupidity form of comment, and nobody comes back for a while.
There now, I posted. :)

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've become a Lurker Ray......

Mainly becouse, buy the time I read everything an have caught up, I've forgotten what I was Gunna say.

This,could of course, just be senile dimentia setting in, or ermm!...something else Like........errr? Well, I forget now, but something highly intelligent that was relevant to whatever it was I was trying to say
:idunno::huh:#insert:sittingincornersmelingfaintlyofwee&alzheimer:Smilie#
:hmm::welcome::crap:
And you are again madam?:idunno:
:eyebrows:

I lurk once in a while. Sometimes, I just don't want to type anything. Mom say's to play nice with the other kid's in the park. So, some day's its just better to Lurk around. Other day's, :eyebrows: I let go, and release some of my demented, distorted, nothing is sacred, deranged, unbridaled stupidity form of comment, and nobody comes back for a while.
There now, I posted. :)
Nothing new from you then :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I definitely lurk a lot haha.

Sometimes I just have nothing to say, others.. Well I am sure you guys have noticed my starting of debates..

I am something of a Master Debater :evilaugh:

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
So, now I have had time to think. :evilaugh: Anyone having experience with rubbing two brain cells together, has an idea of what that might actually mean.

Igor, what was the NAME on the jar you picked????

Igors reply; Uuum, let me see, I think the first name was Abby. Yep, I'm sure that was right Master.

IGOR!!! WHAT WAS THE LAST NAME?!?!?!?

Igor reply's, I'm not sure,,,let me think now, Uuum,,, Normal! ya thats it, it was "Normal", Master.

Now let me understand this Igor; you went to the repository with the note I gave you that had the name attached to the brain I wanted you to get.

Yes Master.

You came back with a Brian named?! Abby Normal.

Yes master I think that's correct.

Thanks for reading my story:patriot:.

·
Super Moderator
14,687 Posts
If you've got nothing to say, you've got nothing to say. :p

1 - 20 of 142 Posts