Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,
What is the best way to check a bike’s VIN? I have spotted a bike online that I am interested in but would like to do a little background check just to see if it’s all legit. Any advice will be accepted and appreciated. Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
Good afternoon all,
What is the best way to check a bike’s VIN? I have spotted a bike online that I am interested in but would like to do a little background check just to see if it’s all legit. Any advice will be accepted and appreciated. Thanks
You'll have to pay to have it run through a VIN checker or through a service like CarFax.

By the way, I am in the NE USA
NE USA where?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll have to pay to have it run through a VIN checker or through a service like CarFax.

NE USA where?
Connecticut

I don’t mind spending a little to check this information. Is there a bike VIN checking website that has a good reputation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part 3 of this will help you understand the characters: How to Read a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) | YourMechanic Advice

Not sure if you have the ability in your state to check previous owners with the registration authority which would be a help. If you're happy to post a couple of pics a few of us on here can offer a reasonable appraisal as to originality, colour combinations, etc.
Thanks nigel,
The bike is out of state, I have seen pics and video of it but would like to do a VIN check to make sure it’s not stolen or salvage, etc.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
If you hover over my flag you'll see I am too ;)

CarFax would probably be the best choice. It will give you any history as reported by an insurance company. To check a VIN as stolen or salvage will probably not shown up there. The DMV may check it for you, but you would have to go there.

Post the VIN. Have you typed it into Google to see if anything comes up?

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Great! That actual bike? If so, it looks in great nick, save for the aftermarket rearsets. You might recall my mentioning the brilliance of these bikes on the RC51 forum where I commented on your CB750.

I have the white version as can be seen in this thread: 2003 954RR New Beginning

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks nigel,
Yes, I have seen your RC on the other forum and it’s excellent. That is the bike.The factory rearsets are included with the bike. Definitely excited about getting this one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts