Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have carfax and can run the vin on my bike for me. i think it might be an orion thats beed re painted cuz it has a black frame, and im too cheap to pay $35

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
anyone have carfax and can run the vin on my bike for me. i think it might be an orion thats beed re painted cuz it has a black frame, and im too cheap to pay $35

An Erion would be SC443 or SC444 from memory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm its its 440. i was wondering cuz it has a black frame but an unpainted swingarm and someone told me only erions had black frames. any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
hmm its its 440. i was wondering cuz it has a black frame but an unpainted swingarm and someone told me only erions had black frames. any thoughts?
Then it's a standard 929 and the owner painted the frame.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Either that or the owner wrecked the bike and threw a Erion frame on it
Then it would have an Erion frame number wouldn't it?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Yeah, I'm dumb :doh:
Not necessarily :)
When I tried to buy a _new_ frame for my GSXR1000, Suzuki told me it comes with no numbers at all and I have to stamp my current frame number into it and transfer the VIN plate across.
It sounds ridiculous but I've never bothered to follow up if it's correct or not so it may be that a _new_ Erion frame could have a non-Erion frame number I guess?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I signed up here just to help, send me a PM or Email me at [email protected] and i'll send you the carfax
imm pm u them in the morning, thanks!
i dont think the bike has ever been apart all the way, but is saftey wired so either its was raced or intended to be raced. i just found out that the owner before the dealership i bought it from lives 2 miles away. small world huh? oh yea and i got it from a auto brokerage in ballard and they thought it was a cbr 1000f but htey couldnt find any info on that but the never checked the vin, said they didnt care. so thry sold it with 18k on it and a full hindle and pcIII to me for 2500. hahah i love this bike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts