Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the American Thunder segment on this.
I thought it looked and sounded great.
Retro looks, modern tech, and RC51 powered, and not to mention the classic name plate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link.
I wonder how well this bike will be received?
Price of admission, 20k, is a little on the rich side.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, it is kinda rich, and I doubt that many will pay the price. It needs the arcitecture of the original engine, but with the modern engineering for power and reliability. That would have required a whole lot more cash, engineering, and logistical happenings to make that work, and it likely would have made the new Vincent hideously expensive, and then still noone would buy it.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Latebraking : Yeah, it is kinda rich, and I doubt that many will pay the price. It needs the arcitecture of the original engine, but with the modern engineering for power and reliability. That would have required a whole lot more cash, engineering, and logistical happenings to make that work, and it likely would have made the new Vincent hideously expensive, and then still noone would buy it.
Interesting. I'd buy the new one in a heartbeat. I love it. A modern Cafe Racer, using modern tech. Not some BS old tech used for the sake of nostalgia.

I've also seen Mattress talking about building a cruiser with an RC51 motor, so I don't think I'm alone in my thinking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
There are those who like the new motor, and others who would want a more faithful recreation of what was a famous and fast (for its time) motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (Latebraking @ Aug. 06 2003, 11:04am)Yeah, it is kinda rich, and I doubt that many will pay the price. It needs the arcitecture of the original engine, but with the modern engineering for power and reliability. That would have required a whole lot more cash, engineering, and logistical happenings to make that work, and it likely would have made the new Vincent hideously expensive, and then still noone would buy it.
Interesting.  I'd buy the new one in a heartbeat.  I love it.  A modern Cafe Racer, using modern tech.  Not some BS old tech used for the sake of nostalgia.

I've also seen Mattress talking about building a cruiser with an RC51 motor, so I don't think I'm alone in my thinking.
That's pretty nice, I'd like to have one if the price was right

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Latebraking : There are those who like the new motor, and others who would want a more faithful recreation of what was a famous and fast (for its time) motorcycle.
Yep, I've seen mag editors say this.

I'm not much into the 'modern retro' thing.  Personally I think it cheapens history of great bikes.  It also leaves no room to grow the design.

I just love the concept of this bike, to me that is the perfect streetbike(provided it has good ground clearance).  I don't particularly care that it says Vincent (or Honda for that matter) on the side.

·
Registered
682 Posts
luvtolean : Quote (Latebraking @ Aug. 06 2003, 11:04am)Yeah, it is kinda rich, and I doubt that many will pay the price. It needs the arcitecture of the original engine, but with the modern engineering for power and reliability. That would have required a whole lot more cash, engineering, and logistical happenings to make that work, and it likely would have made the new Vincent hideously expensive, and then still noone would buy it.
Interesting. I'd buy the new one in a heartbeat. I love it. A modern Cafe Racer, using modern tech. Not some BS old tech used for the sake of nostalgia.

I go along with Latebrakes Post. Which means I will never be buying a Vincent in the next 5 to 10 yrs.
What one is seeing now is something junked togeather by an automotive engineer & leaning on the Vincent name.

·
Registered
502 Posts
My dad had one of those Black Lightnings, and it was indeed the very fastest of its generation, but it wobbled at the sight of corners, and took the stopping distance of a freight train to come to a halt (slight exaggeration there, but you know what I mean). Still, the *look* of the bike is pretty special, and the thought of going that fast on something out of the showroom back then had to make the hairs on your neck stand up. Pretty cool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts