Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I didn't realize we had rattlesnakes around here. I went out last night to make sure the outside hose was turned off and was reaching down to it when a light brown snake with dark brown markings moved suddenly, jumping up in the air ( I think he was trying to strike me) and he fell backwards down the rock retaining wall... then I heard the rattle...

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
T1, do you have those hands insured by Lloyd's yet? :p

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Rattle Snakes, and snakes in general want to get away from you more than you want to get away from them. They think you are going to eat them.

As for the Rattler striking at you, you entered his personal space before he knew you were there. You would have heard him long before otherwise.

Last summer I had a Rattler on my Drive. I wanted to stop and look at it. Well, I got an upclose look. When I put mu foot down I missed the entire Concrete Slab and the bike and I both went down. There's nothing like being face to face with a scared snake.

I can't say I've ever screamed like a girl over a snake before, but if one of those freakin Camel Spiders were to come my way I can pretty much guarantee a squeal, and wet pants.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
A cottonmouth would have come back up the wall bit you and then wiggled in and drunk all your beer :eek:
If he goes for my Jack Daniels, he's going to need more than poison to stop me.

I can see why you'd be scared of this.
That's a nice lawn ornament you have there. You must be the talk of your town.

I can't say I've ever screamed like a girl over a snake before, but if one of those freakin Camel Spiders were to come my way I can pretty much guarantee a squeal, and wet pants.
The best part about camel spiders is they can jump really high and really far.

When I saw that thing come into the tent, I jumped out of my chair. When I jumped, he jumped across the tent (ABOUT 10 FEET) and landed on the side of the tent right next to the exit.

It was his jumping across the tent that caused me to scream like a 4 year old girl and I dove past the spider through the tent flap and ran about 50 meters into a nearby building.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts