Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They have an open house once a month and Idecided to check it out. What a nice shop, makes the shop of where I work look like a dump. Boyd wasnt there this weekend, but several of the shop guys you see on the tv show were as was his ex wife. Of all the high dollar stuff there, I'll take the rat rod pickup.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Growing up I thought anything that said Boyd Coddington was the shit. After seeing the show I still think the outcome of labors are really nice, but he is a dick and a slave driver. I know it's a tv show but he always making his people stay late and work long weekends to get a project done in an unbelieveable timeframe. Doesn't he care about other peoples leves, NO just get the fucking car done and I'll take you guys to the go-cart track later on your time. The only person with some sense on the whole show is the old man who gets his stuff done when he gets it done, gets it done right, and doesn't give a damn about the unrealistic deadlines. He may be just as much of a dick, but I think I like Boyd's arch nemisis Chip Foose (He at least carries himself better on tv).

OK I'm done ranting and I do watch American Hot Rod and Overhaulin' when I can catch them :D

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
I'll take the rat rod pickup.

:metoo: !!

I love the old dash and the finned carb filters(?).

Maybe we should coordinate a visit there, that'd be a fun roadtrip. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Was his kid Greg there? The guy is pretty cool and about our age. Big fan of rocket from the crypt. I forgot his other brothers name...Guess it was 6 years ago we were drinking it up at a pool party and monkeying around with a potato gun at their moms (Boyds x-wife) modestly huge house in La habra heights.

I think its where the shop is....Was driving out to La Habra on La Mirada blvd to network a small shop..think I drove right by it.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, gregg wasnt there. Your right about the location, in La Habra one street north of Imperial Highway a few miles east of Beach Blvd. For those that ever wondered about the CNC guy Mikes face...he was in a car accident with Boyds son Greg a few years ago and busted his face all up and did nerve damage. It was screwed and plated back together, but he has limited movmement and no sense of tast or smell.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aychdot said:
Growing up I thought anything that said Boyd Coddington was the shit. After seeing the show I still think the outcome of labors are really nice, but he is a dick and a slave driver. I know it's a tv show but he always making his people stay late and work long weekends to get a project done in an unbelieveable timeframe. Doesn't he care about other peoples leves, NO just get the fucking car done and I'll take you guys to the go-cart track later on your time. The only person with some sense on the whole show is the old man who gets his stuff done when he gets it done, gets it done right, and doesn't give a damn about the unrealistic deadlines. He may be just as much of a dick, but I think I like Boyd's arch nemisis Chip Foose (He at least carries himself better on tv).

OK I'm done ranting and I do watch American Hot Rod and Overhaulin' when I can catch them :D
S see what your saying, but I wonder how much of that is Drama for TV and creative editing. Funny, but I think Boyd would be a cool dude to work for and I get the impression Foose is an arogent ass. :idunno: Reguardless, I watch both showes...it doesnt make me want to shoot my TV like watching those chopper building hacks.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
G-Force Junkie said:
For those that ever wondered about the CNC guy Mikes face...he was in a car accident with Boyds son Greg a few years ago and busted his face all up and did nerve damage. It was screwed and plated back together, but he has limited movmement and no sense of tast or smell.
Wow, that has to suck. Poor guy :(

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
luvtolean said:
:metoo: !!

I love the old dash and the finned carb filters(?).

Maybe we should coordinate a visit there, that'd be a fun roadtrip. :thumb:
Twin Stromberg 97's on an Offy manifold. The air filters are more of just a decoration/velocity stack with a brass mesh inside to catch the big stuff.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
You see the episode where they built that Rat Rod Truck? there was a marathon a couple saturdays ago where they were doing the competition building old rat rods. Blue Bear ended up getting fired and the project canceled but Mike and the young team went out and bought that truck and got Body to finish the competition. They built the truck in 9 days I think it was. Awesome little truck.

I hate that guy who owns that ultimate garage. Everything he owns looks freaking nice as hell, the cars, the garage, the tools, the landscaping, all of it. He's a douchebag for not sharing his money with me. Solar panels on the roof this year to cut down on the utility bill, yeah I'm sure he can't afford whatever that bill is.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am an avid fan of the show as well as Overhaulin. The one thing I don't understand is that some of these cars are built under crazy deadlines but I often see some of the cars that were built sitting around the shop on later episodes. The woody they built as part of Charlies last job is in the pics. I had seen the Junk yard dog in other episodes. Hell, if I paid that much money for a car I want to drive it or at least have it sitting at my house.

Maybe they have a deal with Boyd to have the cars on site for PR????

·
Registered
712 Posts
Mavic said:
I am an avid fan of the show as well as Overhaulin. The one thing I don't understand is that some of these cars are built under crazy deadlines but I often see some of the cars that were built sitting around the shop on later episodes. The woody they built as part of Charlies last job is in the pics. I had seen the Junk yard dog in other episodes. Hell, if I paid that much money for a car I want to drive it or at least have it sitting at my house.

Maybe they have a deal with Boyd to have the cars on site for PR????
I was wondering about that too. That vette they built recently which was one of the closest deadlines can be seen on almost every previous episode sitting in the background collecting dust. :idunno:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts