Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Blade Lovers,
I am adjusting my clip ons and i cannot find out the torque specs on the bolts that hold the bars, and the actual clip ons

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
They should be a 6mmX1.00mm pitch Allen bolt, as they are on my Vortex Clip-ons. About 10ftlbs or 12nm should be sufficient for those sized bolts. I wouldn't go any higher than that.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
That's a standard number for that size bolt. With the two of them pinched it should be more than sufficient. Now, bear in mind it might not seem like a lot of torque. However you'll notice that any torque wrench for a given value range will be longer than your standard 1/4" or 3/8" ratchet or wrench. Don't get caught up in the torque value itself, as if you checked every bolt you've ever tightened without a torque wrench they'll more than likely be way over tightened.

Tighten them down to what you see fit, as the numbers I gave were right out of the Honda shop manual for my 93RR for that sized bolt that didn't have a specific role or torque value on the bike. I won't be offended if you make them tighter. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts