Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
search seems to be down or something so i'm hoping someone can help me...

how far up and back do the vortex rearsets move the pegs on a 954?

are the parts replaceable on them in the event something is broken?

thx,
ger

·
Registered
272 Posts
I will take a stab at answering this...I have Vortex rearsets on my 929. I have the "cheaper" ones that are non adjustable. I think the standard position is 1" up and 1" back.

I know vortex as well as other rearsets do sell FULLY ADJUSTABLE ones that you can custom fit. Plus they can be rebuildable.

Again, mine were the lower end ones and are not rebuildable...but they have nice bling factor...the rearsets look real sweet...and once I got used to the position, I love the positive feedback I get from these over stock.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the non-adjustable version. I'm just concerned out how far back and up they go. From a picture i saw it looks like they dont move much over stock. I need as much clearance as possible for the track.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
I don't know about the CBR version, but I have Vortex non-adjustable rearsets on my RC51. Haven't had a clearance problem at all with these and I was dragging the stockers all over the place. I assume it's a similar situation with the CBR.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found some info on vortex's website. Apparently it's 1/2" up and 1" back.

I've also heard they allow for GP shift pattern. Can anyone confirm this?

thx

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd look at the woodcraft rearsets myself. I've got em on the racebike and like them a lot. They have really grippy pegs too. I've also crashed on both sides and they've held up well, just had to replace the pegs, $20. I think the adjustable ones are a waste of money, do you really think that 1 cm adjustments are going to make a hill of beans difference in comfort or performance. Now if you like the bling I guess it's a different story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts