Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told my hundreds of undergraduate students, and I'll say it here. Vote tomorrow! It is the one power you have over your government, the one way in which everyone can have a say in how things are run. VOTE! It's the American Way!

:patriot:
VOTE!​

·
Registered
271 Posts
Re: Vote tomorrow!

I will be voting tomorrow. Afterwards I am going to go out and celebrate as well, because after tomorrow I will not have to listen to the hate/attack ads on the radio and on TV! It will be an all around empowering day!:patriot:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Actually, I find the political ads somewhat more entertaining than those for cars, drugs, and the other usual stuff they put on. I am looking forward to having the phone calls desist. I put politcal signs up in the yard, and that seems to keep everyone away from the house.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

I'll be voting and actually taking my 18 year old with me.. His first time and he's all nervous.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

Took care of it at early voting last week....

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

What do you guys think of the touch screen voting machines that have been the focus of a bit of controversy.
I actually just left the Registrar of Voters' office a few minutes ago, since I needed to do early voting. I was given the choice of touch screen or paper ballot, which I thought was very cool. I chose paper ballot, since I don't trust the touch screens at all.

It was extremely busy at the office, the line as out the door. As I waited for them to verify my voter registration address, I looked at who was voting which way.

By far, younger people (my age - say 35 and below) were voting on paper, whereas pretty much everyone else was voting touch screen. It was really an interesting thing to watch. For some reason, older voters don't have a problem voting on the touch screens, and younger people didn't trust them.

This was a pretty strange sample group too. These are people that not only wanted to vote in the first place, but cared enough about it to drive all the way to the registrar's office on their lunch break.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

I am looking forward to it this morning. I was just having a conversation about this with a fellow co-worker. It is amazing how many people do not uses this gift our country has. I take great pride that we have this ability. I frown on people who complain about the outcome but do not exercise their right to vote. :rant:

Whatever the outcome, I know that I did my part and participated in the process.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

I am looking forward to it this morning. I was just having a conversation about this with a fellow co-worker. It is amazing how many people do not uses this gift our country has. I take great pride that we have this ability. I frown on people who complain about the outcome but do not exercise their right to vote. :rant:

Whatever the outcome, I know that I did my part and participated in the process.
Amen! It may be "inconvenient", but viewed in the light of what this privilege has cost, we have NO excuse!
Exercises your right to vote!!!:patriot:
Thanks to all who have fought to keep us free to do so!!!:patriot:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Well, just got back from the polls. I was quite surprised to see an awesome turnout for the lunch crowd. I actually had to wait in line for 10 miutes to vote. The polling place was packed. I have never seen a turnout like that. I did my part. Now, it's the rest of you's guy's(gal's) turn to place your vote.

:thumb:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have now officially voted. Feels good every time I leave the polls! Very busy there for 11:00 in the morning, which is a very good thing!:patriot:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I'll be voting and actually taking my 18 year old with me.. His first time and he's all nervous.
You're allowed to vote? :poke:

Sorry, I haven't made fun of you for being :whisper:french in a long time.

I was able to vote for the first time today. :patriot: Shame on those that don't exercise one of the greatest rights/freedoms that we have.
I voted twice today. I'm more :patriot: than all of you.:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts