Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a little ... ummm ... ouchie the other week on the bike. I learned a few valuable things
1) wear leathers (I wasn't on my lower half - hence the ouchie)
2) a hemotoma is when the body fills an area of the body with blood, iron, and other fluids.
3) those stock front brakes really do have some stopping power...use with caution :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ND4SPD said:
Ah, dude....that can't be healthy. Glad you're ok, all things considered.

How'd the bike fare?
Bike actually came out pretty much unscathed. The sliders really helped and after a new set of bar ends you pretty much can't tell it went down (minus the scratches on the can of course).

I was a little dazed after my head bounced off the pavement (Arai makes a good helmet as I have come to discover the hard way :)) but I managed to make it to work and then home just fine. Don't get me wrong, I whined like a little girl the whole time, but I made it

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Yo, dude! :eek: That looks exactly like what I did to my arse some years ago in a high speed, downhill rollerblades ass-plant - I feel your pain. I'll never forget getting out of bed the mornings after. Clamping my eyes shut, gritting my teeth, and yanking the towel off the suppurating wound which had oozed all night and dried by morning. Couldn't get the bed sheets bloody now, could we?

Uh, sorry if this was a bit too graphic. Wait, no, I'm not... :smilebig:

edit: P.S., if this were stegen, he would have shown a lot more "leg" than that! What a tease.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Bacchus said:
Yo, dude! :eek: That looks exactly like what I did to my arse some years ago in a high speed, downhill rollerblades ass-plant - I feel your pain. I'll never forget getting out of bed the mornings after. Clamping my eyes shut, gritting my teeth, and yanking the towel off the suppurating wound which had oozed all night and dried by morning. Couldn't get the bed sheets bloody now, could we?

Uh, sorry if this was a bit too graphic. Wait, no, I'm not... :smilebig:
You have no shame, do you?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Especially when one dumps stock f/brake lines for Kevlar then even more deadly, but not to one that has raced with braided SS lines. Simply one of the learning things when riding a sportbike. A gentle squeeze with just two fingers is all one needs & a bit more pressure will lock up the f/wheel. Sort of like the throttle being opened up gradually & not cranked open quickly from a standing position-----most learn the latter at lst, while the lst comes in time.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
subdural hemotoma ouch! Get well soon!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Bacchus said:
Yo, dude! :eek: That looks exactly like what I did to my arse some years ago in a high speed, downhill rollerblades ass-plant....
Bacchus, dude, I did the same thing too...downhill, too fast and then an ass-plant. It hurt like heck for a long time and the bruise took a very long time to go away. It did turn lots of pretty colors, though.

Symonjester, quick healing. Glad it wasn't worse. Get yourself checked out just to be safe. That's one heluva bruise. :eek:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I got one exactly like that when I was t-boned in a YSR race. I was even wearing Helimot's super duper hip pads at the time.

As I remember it the pain/tenderness didn't last long. But it did continue to change colors for weeks...from deep reds and browns, through purple, and finally some nice blues/greens/yellow. :p

Glad you're relatively Ok.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts