Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've a 929 and1000 and have been thinking of getting an early model to make a set! I'm ok if some work is required and I will not pay the ridiculously stupid prices of £8-10k some dealers are selling them for (they're all on something I reckon!).

So what's out there? UK only btw!!

PM me if you don't want to post up here...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Patience is your friend and then some. The speculators have crashed in on them, if you look long enough the 10-12k price tags do not sell or if they do it’s very slow and then it has to be almost an unused collectors museum piece, then no one rides them.
A one owner 92 model was selling in my village this year, started off at 7.5K, 2 months later at 4.5K it was still there, it was decent but no more.
Reality is the RRR 94 on is the more sorted bike, without the first 2 years issues, but it depends what you want, a museum piece to stare at or a bike to ride, if a really decent 92 come along at sensible dosh I’d buy one just because I fancy one, but with a sorted 94 already really wouldn’t make a lot of sense if I’m honest, but what in life does ? :)
I did starship mileage on a 929, and it’s a good bike, but the rawness of the 893 trumps it for riding pleasure IMO, so I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you get one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input - I'm in no rush to be fair, just casting a net to see what's out there. I would ride it - I don't buy bike to park them in a garage. I more than doubled the miles on my 1000 in the first year of owning it! An early one is more likely to be ridden to shows/meeting/sunny Sundays rather than a daily commuter though, that what the old 929 is for.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hear that - its just to have an original one that I would quite like - its what got me back to biking after a break from 1986 - 1993. Saw a Fireblade at the campsite at the '93 Le Mans 24hr race when I was there and I was hooked! :D

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We stayed in a gite in Le Fleche, just south of Le Mans, and I drove a mate's Peugeot van with all the bags for 12 bikers! Customs took one look at is all and asked if I knew what was in the bags - I said "No, its the luggage for that group of bikers over there" he slammed the tailgate and waved me on the Ferry, and the French didn't care when we disembarked! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts